Language School in Taiyuan
Our school is now holding interviews for English teachers to join our team.
Our school is the largest English language training institute in Shanxi Province with 6 campuses, nearly 5,000 students enrolled and 12 full time foreign English teachers. We were founded in 1997, as an after school English training institute under the administration of the Taiyuan City government Department of Education.
We are the first institute in the area to offer English courses taught by native English speakers. At our school, students range from three years old to adults.
In a majority of the classes the foreign teacher will act as the review teacher, meaning they will have to teach from a lesson that has previously been taught. With this in mind the teacher will have to use games and activities to make the lesson more interesting. For the older students (14 years old and up) the foreign teacher becomes the main teacher. These classes are discussion based where the teacher will first introduce the concept and key vocabulary words and then put students into groups to do discussion questions or activities, afterwards the class will discuss their findings as a whole.
Teachers without previous teaching experience or who lack a TEFL certificate will join our Foreign Teacher Training program. This training program begins with a one week intensive training course followed by two months of professional development workshops, during which time you will also be teaching your students.
Taiyuan – The City
Situated on the northern banks of the Yellow River, Taiyuan is the capital of Shanxi Province. The city has a long history that dates back more than 2500 years and it originally served as an important military position in north-central China. Without many foreigners or tourists, Taiyuan gives teachers a chance to experience an authentic China that they can’t get in big cities like Shanghai or Beijing. That being said, the school itself is located near the center of the city, within easy walking distance of many foreign comforts, including bars, gyms, shops and apartments.
• Maximum of 25 hours teaching per week
• 5 admin hours per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 8,000 – 10,400 RMB per month (net) (depending on experience)
• Free accommodation: Western style, furnished, near the school, utilities paid for
• Flight allowance: 8,000 RMB (payable after 12 months)
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• Chinese public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Paid sick days
• Health insurance provided
• Performance related bonuses: up to 2,000 RMB on completion of the contract
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (preferred but not required)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.