Featured Public School Jobs in China
With over 10 years experience in the ESL industry in China, we put teachers in contact with the very best public and private schools across China.
High school jobs in Qingdao
Teach at public schools in Guangzhou
Primary & middle school teaching jobs in Shenzhen
Is a public school teaching job right for you?
Salary & Benefits for Public School Jobs in China
- Excellent salary: 8,000 – 22,000 RMB (1,200 – 3,300 USD) per month
- Accommodation usually provided on campus
- Flight allowance
- Performance based bonuses
- Legal ‘Z’ work visa and residence permits provided
- 11 days national Chinese public holidays plus long holidays for summer and winter vacation
- Health insurance
- Airport pickup and welcome pack
- On-going training and academic support
- Promotion opportunities
This is an example of a typical salary package for ESL public school teaching jobs in China. We will provide you with specific package information for a selection of suitable schools once we receive your application.
Requirements to teach in public schools in China
- Native English speaker or non-native with fluent English and a clear accent
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- TEFL certificate preferred (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL)
- New and experienced teachers welcome (full training provided)
- Between 22 and 55 years old
A Typical Week Teaching English at a Public School
Classes run from Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm with evenings and weekends off. Each class is 45 to 60 minutes and throughout the day you will teach about 4 or 5 classes. Lunch time is from 12 to 2pm during which time you will eat and plan some lessons.
Each class begins with a warm up activity and a review of the last class. The teacher will introduce new language in a controlled setting, giving examples, drilling and eliciting suitable alternatives. Students will then practice with some activities in the course book and then in small groups, with the teacher monitoring and correcting. Once the students have a good grasp of the target language they will be expected to produce the language in a less restricted setting, with maybe a short presentation or role play. The teacher will also include a listening activity and for homework set a writing exercise and something from the course book.
Ask a Question
Questions about public school teaching jobs? Ask us!
Share this Page