Featured Adult Jobs in China
With over 10 years experience in the ESL industry in China, we put teachers in contact with the very best public and private schools across China.
Teach Adult Students Communicative English
Adult teaching jobs in major Chinese cities
Adult teaching jobs in Jiaxing, China
Is an ESL job teaching adults right for you?
Salary & Benefits for teaching adults in China
- Excellent salary: 11,000 – 22,000 RMB (1,600 – 3,200 USD) per month
- Accommodation provided: Western style, furnished, on campus
- Flight allowance
- Performance based bonuses
- Legal ‘Z’ work visa and residence permits provided
- 11 days national Chinese public holidays plus 10 days personal holiday
- Health insurance
- TEFL course provided (if you don’t have one)
- Weekly Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Airport pickup and welcome pack
- On-going training and academic support
- Promotion opportunities
This is an example of a typical salary package for jobs teaching adult students ESL in China. We will provide you with specific package information for a selection of suitable schools once we receive your application.
Requirements for ESL jobs teaching adult students in China
- Native English speaker or non-native with fluent English and a clear accent
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject
- TEFL certificate preferred (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL)
- New or experienced teachers welcome (full training provided)
- Between 22 and 55 years old
A Typical Week Teaching English to Adult Students
The typical week teaching adult students is quite different from regular schools as classes are held when students aren’t working and so classes take place during weekday evenings and on weekends. The teacher will usually have Monday and Tuesday as days off and will come to the school at around 3pm on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to plan lessons and get materials ready. Classes during the week start at 5pm and run for 1 hour. There will then be a 15 minute break before another 1 hour class. Weekends are the busiest times of the week with classes running from 9am to 6pm with breaks between classes and for lunch. There will usually be a weekly teachers meeting and teacher training session.
During the class, the teacher will introduce new language in a controlled setting, giving examples, drilling and eliciting suitable alternatives. Students will then practice with some activities in the course book and then in small groups, with the teacher monitoring and correcting. Once the students have a good grasp of the target language they will be expected to produce the language in a less restricted setting, with maybe a short presentation, discussion or role play.
Ask a Question
Questions about ESL jobs teaching adults? Ask us!