English First in Changchun
Are looking for a challenging leadership role in education? Would you like to work with a fun and dynamic international team? Are you interested in opportunities for professional growth and development?
ESL Jobs in Changchun
At EF English First Changchun, we are seeking a new Director of Studies (DoS) to join our team and manage one of our four schools. As the DoS you will be responsible for ensuring the academic integrity of the school so that our students receive the best possible English language education. Vital to this role are strong people management skills and a flexible working style. You’ll have the ability to manage and develop a small international teaching team.
You’ll be qualified with a degree and be a native English speaker and have a wide range of teaching and training experience with a good understanding of the TEFL environment. Experience in a previous DoS role is desirable as is experience living and working in a foreign country.
Ideally you’ll possess outstanding organizational skills, be positive and enthusiastic in the workplace and show an eagerness to solve problems. A proven track record of building strong relationships with teachers, sales and service staff, customers and other senior managers is essential.
Above all you’ll be a person who has a passion for learning and a real commitment to leading and developing a team of teachers. You’ll be someone who is able to confidently craft a vision for the future of our flagship school, while effectively managing its day to day operations. This will require all of your creativity and initiative as you work mostly independently to plan and implement your new directives that will ensure further success for our school.
Please take a look at our website, although it is in Chinese it has some pictures of our 2 schools and current teaching team: EF Changchun
Teach English in Changchun
As the capital city of Jilin province, just 6 hours train ride from Beijing, Changchun is a key economic, cultural and political center. The city hosted the 2007 Winter Asian games and many people enjoy skiing and ice skating during the Winter. As for historical scenic spots, a must-go is the Puppet Imperial Palace, the home of Pu Yi, the last emperor of China which was selected as the site to film The Last Emperor. As for natural scenic spots, South Lake is the second largest park in China by area.
Changchun offers various products reflecting both tradition and fashion and draws a mixture of influences from Japan and Russia. The city is a really exciting place to live and the 2 schools are located within walking distance of a variety of restaurants, bars, coffee shops, parks and shopping centers. We employ over 25 teachers so there will always be people to socialize and explore the city with.
• Deliver regular lessons and demonstration classes to the highest standards
• Ensure effective scheduling of classes, extra-curricular activities and events
• Arrange English language school induction for new teachers; lead regular teacher training workshops
• Assess academic staff’s performance and provide constructive feedback together with developmental plans
• Work closely with the Center Manager and other supervisors to ensure inter-departmental co-operation and effective communication
• Update and consult Regional Education Manager to guarantee smooth product implementation and overall academic operations
• Assist Product Development in testing and implementing new EF products and courses
• Business and result orientated
• Excellent salary: 13,000RMB per month depending on experience
• Accommodation provided or housing allowance of 2000RMB/month
• Allowance: 2000/month
• Flight allowance: 10,000 RMB
• Legal Z work visa and health insurance
• 10 paid annual leave days plus 12 paid public holidays
• Airport pick-up upon arrival
• Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
• One month salary bonus for completing the contract
• Regular professional development workshops and teacher trainings
• Fantastic career development opportunities here in Changchun and globally, as part of the world’s largest private language school
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• TEFL certificate is required (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Management experience preferably in ESL/EFL
• Previous DoS experience desirable
As well as
• Strong people skills, a flexible working style and creativity
• A wide range of teaching experience
• Love teaching children
• A good understanding of TEFL methodology
• China experience is preferred
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.