English First Xiaoshan
Director of Studies Jobs in Xiaoshan
EF English First, Xiaoshan is looking for a bright, motivated and experienced Director of Studies (DoS) to join its academic team. Vital to this role are strong people management skills and a flexible working style. You’ll have the ability to manage and develop a large and professional international teaching team.
You will have a one month hand-over period which will involve day to day following of the out-going DoS, weekly meetings and face to face sessions with the Senior Director of Studies who oversees all three schools.
You will be passionate about TEFL/TESOL and about teacher development. In providing quality in this area the DoS can be assured of support and a high degree of trust to provide their own solutions to issues arising in their department. Ideal candidates will be communicative and autonomous and someone who is focused on building relationships and completing tasks in order to achieve results.
You’ll be qualified with a degree and be a native English speaker and have a wide range of teaching and training experience with a good understanding of the TEFL environment. Experience in a previous DoS role is desirable as is experience living and working in a foreign country.
This position is for our school in Xiaoshan, which currently has an enrollment of 800 students. The school has been running for 11 years now and we employ 9 foreign teachers and 8 local teachers, all very professional and serious about teaching.
Students are all ages from young learners to teenagers and adult and business English students. The majority of the students are within the 7 to 14 year range. English First, Xiaoshan provides teachers with the ideal environment to develop professionally. Our centers are designed to offer ample of support both academically and through pastoral care creating an ideal atmosphere to work and live.
Our schools boast up to date teaching materials and resources, including interactive white boards in the classrooms and modern ‘Lifeclub’ lounges which allow for a truly varied and engaging teaching process to be delivered.
Teach English in Xiaoshan
Xiaoshan was formerly a city of its own, located in the older parts of Hangzhou. In the recent year it has been absorbed by its larger neighborhood and made into an administrative district of Hangzhou. The Xiaoshan Airport is located about 20 miles away from the city center of Hangzhou.
Xiaoshan is situated in the Northern Asian tropical area, its average temperature is 16.1 degrees Celsius. Since it is located close to rivers and the ocean, water transportation is very convenient and popular. One of the most popular sites is “West Lake,” it is a place where people can take a whole day wandering the edges of the lake and even take ferry boats to the islands. Xiaoshan is about 20 minutes south of Hangzhou city center.
• Manage the day to day and long term needs of the teaching team
• Facilitate professional development of teachers
• Provide the team with new ESL resource options
• Recruit and induct new teachers
• Manage the school’s extensive academic program
• Support our sales and marketing team
• Control our teaching schedule
• Implement initiatives that focus on continual improvement
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for the future of the school
• Excellent salary: starting from 12,000RMB per month (negotiable depending on experience)
• Free accommodation: Western style, near the school, not shared (not including utilities) or a monthly housing allowance
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
• Legal Z work visa provided and costs reimbursed
• 12 days paid public holidays plus 10 days paid personal holiday per year (12 for 2nd year, 15 for 3rd year)
• Health insurance provided
• Performance related bonuses: up to 4,500 RMB per quarter
• On-going support and development from Senior Director of Studies and EF Headquarters
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network globally
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL / CELTA certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Solid young learner teaching experience including experience working for EF
• Previous Director of Studies / teacher training and management experience
• Plenty of passion and energy
As well as
• Strong people skills, a flexible working style and creativity
• A wide range of teaching experience
• A good understanding of TEFL methodology
• China experience is preferred
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.