Gold Star TEFL Recruitment
Position: New Business Developer & Marketing Specialist
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Start date: September / October 2019
Are you looking for an exciting career in the international recruitment industry with a dynamic British company based in Taipei city, with the opportunity to earn an impressive salary? We are now holding interviews for someone to join our team in the role of New Business Developer & Marketing Specialist to help us take our business to the next level. If you are a confident English communicator, have sales and marketing experience and a positive attitude to life and work, then we want to speak with you.
As a New Business Developer and Marketing Specialist you will be charge of identifying top quality English schools and making contact with them to effectively communicate our recruitment solutions. Your focus will be on developing new business over the phone, email and Skype from our office in central Taipei. Currently most of our clients are based in major cities in mainland China, so the focus will be there, but you will also be dealing with schools in a range of other countries in Asia, such as Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Saudi and more worldwide.
In addition to this, you will also be working on developing online marketing strategies to promote our business and extend our reach. This will include developing advertising opportunities, content creation, SEO techniques and help to develop our presence on social media.
Vital to this role are excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively build a quick rapport with people over the phone. A high level of both written and spoken English is required as the majority of work will be conducted in English. Previous experience using English in a corporate setting is essential, both with email communication and on the phone. You will also need to be fluent in Mandarin Chinese. An important part of the job involves writing compelling job descriptions for the schools we represent and publishing them on our website.
You will be professional, organized and will need to be an efficient user of the internet. An important part of the job will involve using your initiative and creativity to develop new business. Previous experience in sales and online marketing and promotion is essential to this position and experience within the recruitment industry is preferred.
Founded in 2009, Gold Star TEFL Recruitment is an English owned and managed company based in central Taipei, Taiwan. Our mission is to maximise the quality of English language education throughout the world, for students of all ages, through the placement of exceptional English teachers in leading education centers.
We have grown at a very fast rate providing recruitment solutions for language schools, universities, colleges and kindergartens. Our clients include English First, the world’s largest private education company, Beijing Foreign Studies University, Wall Street English, Disney English, Gymboree, DD Dragon and many others. This year we have ambitious plans to expand into new markets in a range of countries worldwide as well as to continue to build on our success in China.
Read more about our team here.
Read what the teachers we represent have said about us here.
- Monday to Friday 9:00 – 5:30. 1 hour paid lunch break and no overtime
- Build and maintain a database of English schools in China and other countries. This will include kindergartens, public schools, private language schools and universities
- Contact schools via phone and email to effectively explain our recruitment services
- Discuss and negotiate terms of the contract
- Write compelling job descriptions and post them to our website
- Work on methods to drive traffic to our website and increase exposure online and offline
- Work on SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) strategies to increase our Google search ranking
- Develop business through social media channels
- Promote our articles, videos and job details on other major sites and forums
- Maintain relationships with the schools and keep up to date with their recruitment needs
- Assist with the recruitment process including providing candidates with job details, sending candidates to schools and following up with their progress through the recruitment process
- Competitive base salary: 45,000 – 55,000 NT (depending on experience)
- Plus commission payments based on new business generated
- Plus commission payments based on TEFL course sign-ups
- Yearly bonus based on performance
- Ongoing training and support
- 10 days holiday plus 13 days national holidays
- Health insurance
- Labour insurance
- Pension payments
Average monthly income (salary plus commission) in 2018 was 74,000 NT per month
- Taiwanese citizen
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Fluent written and spoken Mandarin Chinese
- University graduate
- Previous experience with sales / business development / online marketing required
- Strong computer and internet skills
- Confident, professional and motivated to achieve results
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements please send the following to Jim Althans at applications@GoldStarTeachers.com
- Covering letter detailing your suitability for the position (in English)
- Resume (in English)
- Recent photo
- Date available to start work
Successful candidates will be invited for interview in person at our office in central Taipei . We look forward to hearing from you.