Language School in Shanghai
-Excellent salary: 17,000 – 19,000 RMB per month (depending on experience and qualifications)
-Teach young learners aged 2-12 years old
-Positions in Shanghai and other major cities in China
-Teaching assistants and lesson plans provided
-Positions for new and experienced teachers
ESL Jobs in Shanghai
Our school is now holding interviews for young learner English teachers to join our teaching team in Shanghai. We are a leading language school offering fun, engaging and effective English classes to young learner students. Whether you are a new or experienced teacher, if you have the ability to inspire children to learn and take pride in seeing your students develop, we would like to hear from you.
We employ over 100 English teachers, offering a supportive environment, excellent teaching materials, the latest in education technology and the chance for real career progression.
Our students are aged from 2 to 12 years old so teachers have the opportunity to teach a range of ages and abilities. Local teaching assistants are provided and lesson plans are all written so you can focus on teaching your classes. We use the communicative style of teaching, encouraging students to use English in a natural way and make use of flashcards, songs, drama, projects, group work and videos to enrich the learning experience.
Class sizes are kept small to a maximum of 16 students per class. Computers and interactive white boards are installed in the classrooms giving teachers a new dimension to how they teach and an exciting way to engage students.
Courses are structured around the highly regarded McGraw-Hill textbooks. While the focus is on teaching the English language, teachers also get the opportunity to teach some Math, Science, and Social Studies classes based on the American primary school system. You do not need an advanced knowledge of these subjects as they are geared towards young learners.
Teach English in Shanghai
Known as the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, Shanghai is truly an international metropolis in every sense of the word. The most vibrant and progressive city in China, Shanghai is the economic and cultural center, blending an incredible mix of Eastern and Western culture. On one side of the mighty Yangtze River flowing through Shanghai is the Pu Dong district, rural farm land just 20 years ago, it is now the financial and commercial hub with skyscrapers stretching ever higher. Along the western bank of the river, the iconic Bund is a reminder of Shanghai’s colonial past featuring grand European architecture.
For those who like to shop, party and eat, Shanghai has all you could possibly want and more. But despite its cosmopolitan reputation, pockets of quaint tradition remain alive and well, dotted throughout the city. Explore countless old markets, back streets crammed with local eateries and discover incense filled temples still central to the locals’ daily life.
• Maximum 25 hours teaching per week
• Up to 15 hours admin duties per week
• Deliver engaging, effective, learner-centered lessons to students aged 2-12 years old
• Class size of 10 to 15 students
• 45 minutes per class
• Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
• Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
• Attend center activities, parties, open houses and other events
• Excellent salary: 17,000 – 19,000 RMB per month (depending on experience and qualifications)
• Flight allowance: 10,000 RMB (paid on contract completion)
• Annual completion bonus: 10,000 RMB
• Housing allowance: 3,000 RMB per month
• Paid holidays (Public holidays + New Year’s Day)
• Commercial Insurance
• Hotel accommodation provided free for 15 days on arrival
• Visa documents provided
• Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
• Training course provided on arrival and on-going development
• Up to 5,000 RMB advance on your salary, interest free
• Second year salary increase of 2,000 RMB per month
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Ireland
• Can consider non-natives with fluent English and clear accent
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (preferred but not required) (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Previous language teaching experience (preferred but not required)
• Energetic, open minded with a desire to work with children
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.