Language School in Wuxi
ESL Jobs in Wuxi
Our school in Wuxi is now holding interviews for English teachers to join our team. We focus on teaching engaging, communicative English language classes to young learner students aged from 3 to 14 years old with some adult classes too.
We were established in 1977. Since that time it has grown to more than 350 schools in five countries. Our focus has always been on providing quality lessons to students, young and old alike. We recognize that good lessons require good teachers therefore we provide excellent training, ongoing development as well as opportunities for promotion and advancement.
Our school has staffs of fully-trained ESL teachers, all of which are native English speakers, hailing from the United States, the UK, Canada and South Africa. They are ably assisted by the dedicated support staff of local Chinese Teaching Assistants.
The average working week consists primarily of afternoon and evening classes Wednesday to Friday and then morning and afternoon classes on the weekend, with Monday and Tuesday free to relax or explore.
Courses are designed around a core of set texts and supplementary materials. Teachers are encouraged to use a communicative approach to teaching and to add their own extra resources and ideas to bring variety to the learning environment. All new teachers undergo 2 weeks of Initial Training, introducing our curriculum and our teaching methodology. After this, we provide on-going training and valuable feedback on your classes, making sure nobody is left in the dark to struggle with a class. Chinese Teaching Assistants are in the class with us at all times, and are there to help with any complicated subjects or difficult students.
Teach English in Wuxi
Wuxi is located on the southern border of Jiangsu Province, 128 km northwest of Shanghai. Because of its warm and moist climate, Wuxi is richly endowed by nature, often being called the “Land of Fish and Rice.” Being located near the Yangtze River, Wuxi has been a port city with the busiest rice and cloth market before the 19th century.
Wuxi is mostly composed of flat plains. It serves as a transportation hub linking the Zhejiang, Anhui, and Jiangsu Provinces. With a railway, highway, airport, and waterway, its transportation is easily accessible and convenient.
Rated as one of the top ten cities for tourists in China, Wuxi offers wonderful natural scenery and rich cultural sightseeing opportunities. Among the tourist attractions are Taihu Lake, Yuantouzhu, Liyuan Garden, Xihui Park, Jichang Garden, etc. After touring these sites during the day, at night you can join the locals at the bars, coffee shops, restaurants, and shopping malls located on Zhongshan Rd. There are also excellent theaters and performances going on every night in the city.
– Average teaching hours of 20 hours per week (maximum 30 hours) and 9 admin hours per week
– Lesson planning
– Interview and place new students
– Maximum or 14 students with in-house teaching. Some teachers have Outside Location Teaching for 2 hours a week where classes can go up to 40
– Excellent salary: 11,000 – 13,000 RMB per month (depending on qualification and experience)
– Flight allowance of 10,000 RMB provided on completion of 12 month contract
– Airport pick up and 3 – 5 days hotel provided whilst teachers find suitable accommodation
– Assistance finding accommodation
– Performance related bonus every quarter
– Two days off per week
– Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
– 22 days of paid annual leave including national holidays
– On-going training and academic support
– Promotion opportunities within our network globally
– Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland or South Africa
– Bachelor’s degree
– TEFL certificate (preferred but not required)
– At least 21 years old
– New and experienced teachers welcome
– Genuine desire to work with young learners
NOTE: ‘China TEFL’ course provided for candidates with less than 2 years of post graduation work experience, this is required to obtain a legal Z work visa. This includes travel, tuition and accommodation costs covered by the school.
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.