Language School in Taiyuan
-Teach young learners aged 2-12 years old
-Teaching assistants and lesson plans provided
-Positions for new and experienced teachers
-Excellent monthly package worth 7,000-10,000 RMB (details below)
ESL Jobs in Taiyuan
Our private language school is now holding interviews for young learner English teachers to join our teaching team in Taiyuan. We are a leading language school offering fun, engaging and effective English classes to young learner students. Whether you are a new or experienced teacher, if you have the ability to inspire children to learn and take pride in seeing your students develop, we would like to hear from you.
Our school has established 8 language centers in the capital city of Beijing and 18 centers in other major cities across China with plans for new schools soon. There are 5 foreign teachers in Taiyuan school at the moment and looking for more candidates to join the team.
Our students are aged from 2 to 12 years old so teachers have the opportunity to teach a range of ages and abilities. There are about 100 students in total in Taiyuan school. Local teaching assistants are provided and lesson plans are all written so you can focus on teaching your classes. We use the communicative style of teaching, encouraging students to use English in a natural way and make use of flashcards, songs, drama, projects, group work and videos to enrich the learning experience.
Class sizes are kept small to a maximum of 15 students per class. Computers and interactive white boards are installed in the classrooms giving teachers a new dimension to how they teach and an exciting way to engage students.
Courses are structured around the highly regarded McGraw-Hill textbooks. While the focus is on teaching the English language, teachers also get the opportunity to teach some Math, Science, and Social Studies classes based on the American primary school system. You do not need an advanced knowledge of these subjects as they are geared towards young learners.
Taiyuan – The City
Situated on the northern banks of the Yellow River, Taiyuan is the capital of Shanxi Province. The city has a long history that dates back more than 2500 years and it originally served as an important military position in north-central China. Without many foreigners or tourists, Taiyuan gives teachers a chance to experience an authentic China that they can’t get in big cities like Shanghai or Beijing. That being said, the school itself is located near the center of the city, within easy walking distance of many foreign comforts, including bars, gyms, shops and apartments.
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
• TEFL certificate (preferred but not required)
(No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Previous language teaching experience (preferred but not required)
• Energetic, open minded with a desire to work with children
• Maximum 25 hours teaching per week
• Up to 10 hours admin duties per week
• Deliver engaging, effective, learner-centered lessons to students aged 2-12 years old
• Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
• Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
• Attend center activities, parties, open houses and other events
• First month probation: 7,000 RMB
• 2nd to 5th month: 8,000RMB
• After 6th month: 10,000RMB
• Flight allowance: 7,000 RMB (paid on contract completion)
• Paid holidays (12 days public holidays + 10 days personal)
• Company health insurance provided
• Contract completion bonus: 3,000 – 8, 000 RMB
• 3-5% salary increase for renewing the contract
• Free accommodation or 7,00 RMB housing allowance per month
• Legal “Z” work visa provided
• Training course provided on arrival and on-going development
• Career development opportunities: teacher training, management, recruitment, marketing, multi-media design and curriculum development
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.