Language School in Hangzhou
ESL Jobs in Hangzhou
Founded in 1996, our school is headquartered in Hangzhou, China. Its business scope covers China’s major economically developed regions and the United Kingdom, Australia and Canada. Our department is jointly run with Chinese and Western management which means we have a lot of support for our western teachers. We focus primarily on kindergarten students but we do have some middle school and one to one adult classes too.
We teach around 20 hours a week and have no office hours but we do have to spend some time planning our lessons. There is plenty of time left over to experience Hangzhou and the rest of China.
We currently have six teachers who all really enjoy living and working here. One of the best things about our school is the atmosphere of friendship around the place. We all socialize, help each other out and all of our teachers are given the support they need to enjoy their time in China and become great teachers. There are also a number of Chinese staff that really help us out. Aside from the assistance they give us in class, they help us with all those little things that are difficult to do in a foreign country.
he majority of our students are young learners aged from 6 to 16 years old so teachers enjoy teaching to a variety of ages throughout the week. Teachers have access to a range of teaching materials including flashcards, posters, songs, games and digital resources. Teaching assistants are also on hand to help with classroom management and translation when needed.
Teacher training and support is seen as key at our school and we provide a one week training program at the start of your contract as well as on-going training and support in the form of workshops, seminars, class observations from your Academic Manager.
Teach English in Hangzhou
There is a famous saying in China: 上有天堂 下有苏杭, “Above, there is heaven. Below there is Hangzhou and Suzhou.” Regarded as one of the two paradises on earth by the Chinese people, Hangzhou offers an ideal destination for anyone seeking to live and teach in China.
Hangzhou is the capital of Zhejiang province and is located not far south of Shanghai. The city is regarded as one of the most beautiful cities in China with numerous historic relics and natural beauty. Most famous for its picturesque West Lake, elected as a National Key Scenic location due to its historical and cultural significance and many temples, pagodas, ponds and plants.
The city is one of the most livable in China with a natural balance of local Chinese culture and Western amenities providing a dynamic atmosphere of live music, cafes and bars, a variety of events and an eclectic mixture of people from all over the world. Mix a buzzing city with a pleasant year round climate and low cost of living and you see why Hangzhou has earned the reputation it has.
• 20 hours teaching per week
• No office / admin hours
• Lesson planning
• Take part in school parties and events
• Excellent salary: 14,000 – 17,000 RMB per month (depending on qualifications and experience)
• Accommodation allowance: 2,000 RMB per month
• 2,000 RMB contract renewal bonus
• 4,200 RMB flight reimburse at the end of each one year contract
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Medical insurance covered
• 6,000 RMB contract completion bonus (based on performance)
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities to Senior Teacher and Academic Manager within the school network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, or New Zealand
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.