Language School in Xiamen
ESL Jobs in Xiamen
We are now recruiting energetic, passionate young learner English language teachers. Our high academic standards and enjoyable learning environment have established us as a leading language school in Xiamen. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work in an established school with exceptional resources and a supportive teaching team.
Our first school was opened in 2003 with the aim of doing ESL differently than other schools in China. The quality of the education we provide matters. We aim to provide students with creative, engaging, and educational lessons that will allow them to develop their language skills in a safe and supportive environment. Due to continued success we now have a total of 10 schools all with modern facilities and cutting edge teaching resources.
We offer courses to students of all ages, with the majority being young learners from 3 to 16 years old. Our commitment to education extends into high-level of support we provide for our teachers and staff. From a supportive community to welcome new teachers, to comprehensive initial training and on-going professional development, we are here to make sure that our teachers have the resources, training, and support to succeed in the classroom.
We have small class sizes so you can build a rapport with your students, every class has a Teaching Assistant to help you and the students and we provide everything you need to create fun and interactive lessons.
We also believe in having a work life balance. On average our teachers are in the classroom for around 16 hours each week. Which leaves you with lots of time for exploring the city and surrounding countryside, learning Chinese, playing sports, going to the gym and immersing yourself in Chinese culture.
“My time at the school is one I will always remember very fondly. Taking the plunge and moving far from home is a challenge to say the least. Particularly for a first-time ESL Teacher this support is absolutely indispensable and, even for those who have taught before or have previously lived in China, not enough can be said about the help, advice and useful services the school offers. This support allows you to focus on teaching well.” Matt
Teach English in Xiamen
Located at the southeast coast of China, Xiamen is a tourist city of Fujian Province famous for its attractive seascape. The name of ‘Xiamen’ was consequently given, which means ‘a gate of China’. As one of the forerunners of the special economic zones of China, Xiamen mainly consisting of Xiamen Island, Gulangyu Island, the north bank area of the Jiulong River and Tong’an County, is connected with the mainland by the Xiamen Bridge. The city is well known for its beautiful natural scenery, fresh air and the clean environment.
Xiamen has plenty of special local products that are worth noting, including various kinds of tealeaves, fruits like sugarcanes, olives and longans as well as sea products such as fish, prawns, crabs, abalones and lancelets.
• Maximum of 18 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes and conversation clubs
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 14,000 – 16,000 RMB per month (depends on experience)
• Extra 250 RMB per month for teachers with a CELTA or CertTESOL (i.e. an in-person course with 6+ hours of observed teaching)
• Free accommodation: Western style, furnished, near the school OR 2,500 RMB monthly allowance
• 12,000 RMB contract completion bonus
• Flight allowance: 8,000 RMB
• 5,000 RMB optional start up loan
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided (school covers the cost of all visa paperwork required)
• 2 weeks paid personal holidays per year AND all Chinese public holidays, Christmas (total of around 5.5 weeks of paid holiday per year)
• Free Mandarin Chinese classes
• Teachers are eligible for salary increases every 3 months plus extra bonuses
• If you join for a second year, salaries increase by 1,500 RMB and continue to grow
• Airport pick up
• Medical insurance provided
• 2 weeks paid training at the start of your contract
• On-going professional training, staff caring and academic support
• Promotion opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 120 hour TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland
• Clean, criminal background record
• Experience teaching young learners preferred but not required
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing