Language School in Beijing
ESL Jobs in Beijing
Our language school in Beijing offers you the opportunity to experience the fascinating culture of China first hand with the support and expertise of one of the largest British owned EFL organizations in Asia. We are now holding interviews for professional and motivated teachers dedicated to making learning fun and effective.
Our company was founded in 1977 and now has over 200 schools worldwide and a strong presence in China. With thousands of students coming through our doors every year we make every effort to maintain the highest standards in education by providing excellent course materials, technology and an engaging learning environment. We warmly invite candidates who believe in our vision to join our team to assist us in helping our students to speak better English.
We also understand that teachers are looking for a supportive, structured and secure working environment that will allow them to further develop their teaching skills, while affording them the opportunity to explore and learn about the great country of China.
The majority of our students are young learners aged from 3 to 14 years old and teachers enjoy teaching to a variety of ages throughout the week. We also offer some offsite lessons and corporate-client lessons so teachers will have the opportunities to teach a range of ages. The maximum young learner class size is 8 students, and 10 students maximum for an adult class.
We believe the best way to learn English is to use it in real world scenarios. This is why the Communicative Method is used throughout our schools. In lessons students actively participate in discussions and activities that allow them to practise their English pronunciation and intonation.
A variety of methods and materials, including the use of texts, listening extracts and situational presentations, with an emphasis on context, are used to help students fully comprehend the meaning.
Courses are designed around a core of set texts and supplementary materials. Teachers are encouraged to use a communicative approach to teaching and to add their own extra resources and ideas to bring variety to the learning environment. Teachers will be given plenty of support and guidance as well as thorough training in all aspects of their lessons.
Testimonials from our Teachers
“I have been working at my school for six years. I enjoy working at here because I like the organization and teaching style it offers. I believe that it offers a unique learning atmosphere, that other ESL schools don’t offer. I have gained a wealth of knowledge and lifetime experiences working here.” Chad N
“Working at this school is a rich and rewarding experience, as well as fun and challenging. During the initial training, the staff were helpful and inspiring, and I received the preparation and tools I needed to start my job. I’ve been growing and developing as a teacher ever since.” Will H
Teach English in Beijing
Beijing, capital of the People’s Republic of China, is the nation’s political, economic, cultural, educational and international trade and communication center. Located in northern China, close to the port city of Tianjin and partially surrounded by Hebei Province, Beijing also serves as the most important transportation hub and port of entry in China.
One of the most important landmarks in the city is Tiananmen Square. This is the world’s largest public square and a must see for all visitors from abroad and from other places in China.
Along with the countless historical sites, Beijing’s evening attractions will astound and inspire. Activities can vary from traditional performances such as the Beijing Opera, acrobatics and martial arts to modern ones like concerts, pubs and clubs. A truly exciting place to live and work, Beijing guarantees an experience like no other.
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Work 5 days a week with 2 consecutive days off
• Teaching assistant in every class to assist with classroom management and setting up activities
• Lesson planning
• Interview and place new students
• Excellent salary: 13,000 – 13,500 RMB per month
• Accommodation allowance: 2,500 RMB per month
• Flight reimbursement: up to 4,200 RMB (50% after 6months, 50% after 12 contract completion)
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided (teacher pays costs in home country, school pays costs in China)
• 22 days of paid annual leave including national holidays
• Contract completion bonus: 4,000 RMB
• Health insurance provided by the school
• Hotel on arrival booked and paid for by the school
• On-going training and academic support
• Career development opportunities within China and worldwide
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL: www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland
• New or experienced teachers welcome
• Outgoing, enthusiastic, positive, sociable, hard-working, patient and professional
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.