Language School in Quanzhou & Xiamen
ESL Jobs in Quanzhou & Xiamen
Our school is currently holding interviews for English teaching positions to teach young learner students aged from 3 to 14 years old.
Our school was established for the purpose of providing high quality English education to the youth of South China. Our Jinjiang flagship language school opened its doors in May 2012, becoming one of the few foreign owned and operated educational organizations in all of China. We also have a school based in Shishi another county level city within Quangzhou, Fujian province.
Our curriculum is comprised of a combination of prominent and highly reputable American published educational books written by ESL specialists, as well as our own curriculum supplements specifically tailored to our students’ learning needs and desires. In our classes we concentrate on all elements of language, ie. listening, speaking, reading and writing. In addition, we are outfitted with facilities that allow you to share your passions with children, whether that be art, cooking, reading, science, music, sports and anything else you might appropriately offer.
With only 6 to 10 students per class you will have the opportunity to know all your students very well and enjoy seeing them grow both in English ability and as individuals.
We provide you with a vast array of materials, venues and support that you would require to share your talents and interests with your students. Our schools have fully functioning kitchens, cafes, computer labs, cinemas and interactive whiteboards to assist you as well.
Our teachers are initially provided with a week-long introductory training period to familiarize themselves with the curriculum, understand our philosophy and learn more about teaching here. In addition to the initial training, our school holds periodic training workshops to focus on certain aspects of teaching.
Teach English in Quanzhou
Quanzhou is a fast growing medium sized Chinese city (understanding that a medium sized Chinese city is a few million people). Quanzhou is part of a cultural area known as Minnan and shares much of its culture with Taiwan, including the language. This area is known for its religious history and is filled with many historical temples, interesting ancient architecture and traditional puppetry. Quanzhou has many traditional foods that visitors can try, including plentiful seafood as it is close to the sea.
Quanzhou is located in one of the most livable areas of China. With its proximity to the sea, Quanzhou enjoys a moderate climate with hot, humid summers and mild winters. Quanzhou is also in one of the least polluted regions in all of China. Fujian province is mountainous and known for being the most forested in China. Cities in China can feel very urban but excursions to the mountains or costal regions are not hard to find; even hour long respites to the many local parks can be quite refreshing.
Teach English in Xiamen
Located at the southeast coast of China, Xiamen is a tourist city of Fujian Province famous for its attractive seascape. The name of ‘Xiamen’ was consequently given, which means ‘a gate of China’. As one of the forerunners of the special economic zones of China, Xiamen mainly consisting of Xiamen Island, Gulangyu Island, the north bank area of the Jiulong River and Tong’an County, is connected with the mainland by the Xiamen Bridge. The city is well known for its beautiful natural scenery, fresh air and the clean environment.
Xiamen has plenty of special local products that are worth noting, including various kinds of tealeaves, fruits like sugarcanes, olives and longans as well as sea products such as fish, prawns, crabs, abalones and lancelets.
For more information on the city of Xiamen have a look at these sites:
• Maximum of 22 hours teaching per week
• Maximum total work hours per week of 32 hours
• Lesson planning
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes and conversation clubs
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 14,000 – 16,000 RMB per month (after tax)
• Performance based raises every 6 months
• Housing allowance provided
• Paid holidays: 10 days public holiday + a minimum of 19 days paid personal holiday
• 8,000 RMB travel reimbursement after one-year contract
• Year-end bonus: 8,000 RMB
• Promotion opportunities
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• Medical Insurance provided
• 1 week training at the start of your contract
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities to lead teacher, management, Director of Studies
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• 2 year relevant work experience
• Plenty of passion and energy
• Must enjoy working with kids
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.