Professional Language School in Coastal Cities
ESL Jobs in Coastal Cities in China
We are now recruiting energetic, passionate young learner English language teachers. Our high academic standards and enjoyable learning environment have established us as the number one language school in Fuzhou, Shenzhen, Changle and Xiamen. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work in an established school with exceptional resources and a supportive teaching team.
Our school was started in 2003 with the aim of doing ESL differently than other schools in China. The quality of the education we provide matters. We aim to provide students with creative, engaging, and educational lessons that will allow them to develop their language skills in a safe and supportive environment. Due to continued success we now have a total of 10 schools (and 5 more opening in this summer) all with modern facilities and cutting edge teaching resources.
We offer courses to students of all ages, with the majority being young learners from 3 to 16 years old. Our commitment to education extends into high-level of support we provide for our teachers and staff. From a supportive community to welcome new teachers, to comprehensive initial training and on-going professional development, we are here to make sure that our teachers have the resources, training, and support to succeed in the classroom.
We have small class sizes so you can build a rapport with your students, every class has a Teaching Assistant to help you and the students and we provide everything you need to create fun and interactive lessons.
We also believe in having a work life balance. On average our teachers are in the classroom for around 18 hours each week. Which leaves you with lots of time for exploring the city and surrounding countryside, learning Chinese, playing sports, going to the gym and immersing yourself in Chinese culture.
“My time at the school is one I will always remember very fondly. Taking the plunge and moving far from home is a challenge to say the least. Particularly for a first-time ESL Teacher this support is absolutely indispensable and, even for those who have taught before or have previously lived in China, not enough can be said about the help, advice and useful services the school offers. This support allows you to focus on teaching well.” – Matt
Teach English in Fuzhou
Most people haven’t heard of Fuzhou, but why would you? After all it’s only a city of some 6 million people! Fuzhou is a ‘small’ Chinese city, and capital of Fujian province. It’s coastal, surrounding by mountains and in 2014 was ranked 7th in China for air quality.
Fuzhou has existed as a settlement for around 2,000 years and has played an important role in Chinese history- being one of the main trading ports with the West. Much of this history remains in the city, particular examples of Qing and Ming dynasty architecture.
A temperate climate
Fuzhou has a sub-tropical climate. Temperatures in the summer regularly get over 35C (95F) but never dip below 5C (41F) in the winter.
Old and new
The city is constantly changing with new skyscrapers appearing every week but the heart of the city remains. From tiny little side streets with 10RMB noodle bars, to quirky coffee shops, lush parks and working temples Fuzhou has a lot of character.
5 hours from Shanghai by bullet train (or a 90 minute flight), around the same distance to Hong Kong. We’re also a short flight from Taipei and have direct connections to many other major Chinese and Asian cities including Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.
Teach English in Shenzhen
Shenzhen is located in the southern portion of the Guangdong Province, on the eastern shore of the Pearl River Delta. Neighboring the Pearl River Delta and Hong Kong (located just south of Shenzhen), Shenzhen’s location gives it a geographical advantage for economic development. In 1980, the first Special Economic Zone of China was built in Shenzhen. From then on, Shenzhen become a highlighted city of China, one known for its rapid economic growth.
Teach English in Xiamen
Located at the southeast coast of China, Xiamen is a tourist city of Fujian Province famous for its attractive seascape. The name of ‘Xiamen’ was consequently given, which means ‘a gate of China’. As one of the forerunners of the special economic zones of China, Xiamen mainly consisting of Xiamen Island, Gulangyu Island, the north bank area of the Jiulong River and Tong’an County, is connected with the mainland by the Xiamen Bridge. The city is well known for its beautiful natural scenery, fresh air and the clean environment.
Teach English in Changle
Changle is located in eastern Fujian province, China. This is a small city just outside of Fuzhou, around 45mins away by car. While small, the city has a lot going for it: close to the beach, clean air and enough of the essentials nearby (Starbucks, etc). Changle faces the East China Sea and is connected to Mawei district by the Min River. Due to an increase in businesses, the province is now one of the richest provinces in China.
• Maximum of 24 hours teaching per week (average 18 hours per week)
• Lesson planning
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes and conversation clubs
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 10,000 – 12,000 RMB per month (depends on experience) for Fuzhou
• Excellent salary: 10,000 – 12,000 RMB per month (depends on experience) for Xiamen
• Excellent salary: 11,500 – 13,500 RMB per month (depends on experience) for Shenzhen
• Excellent salary: 10,500 – 13,000 RMB per month (depends on experience) for Changle
• Extra 250 RMB per month for teachers with a CELTA or CertTESOL (i.e. an in-person course with 6+ hours of observed teaching)
• Free accommodation: Western style, furnished, near the school OR 2,000 RMB monthly allowance for Fuzhou / Changle, 3,000 RMB for Xiamen, 4,000 RMB for Shenzhen
• 12,000 RMB contract completion bonus for teachers working in Changle
• Flight allowance: 8,000 RMB
• 5,000 RMB optional start up loan
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided (school covers the cost of all visa paperwork required)
• 2 weeks paid holidays per year including all Chinese public holidays, Christmas
• Free Mandarin Chinese classes
• Teachers are eligible for salary increases every 3 months plus extra bonuses
• If you join for a second year, salaries increase by 1,000 RMB and continue to
• Airport pick up
• 2 weeks paid training at the start of your contract
• On-going professional training, staff caring and academic support
• Promotion opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 120 hour TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland
• Clean, criminal background record
• Experience teaching young learners preferred but not required
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.