Language Schools in Nanjing
Our bilingual language School is now holding interviews for young learner teachers. We seek people who are highly imaginative, full of energy, proactive and have a genuine interest in working with young learners to develop their language skills. We take a fun and engaging approach to language teaching so if you feel you can increase our students’ confidence in using English then we would like to speak with you.
Our school is an institution dedicated to providing top quality early childhood education in China. Our first school was established in 2006 in partnership with the Early Childhood Program of the Tuscarora Intermediate Unit 11, regional educational service agency of the Pennsylvania Department of Education, and accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Education as an “Excellent Overseas Educational Institution” in 2006.
We now have a total of four schools, two preschools and two English training schools spread across Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu province, in the prosperous Yangtze River Delta region. Our students are aged from 3 to 12 years old with the majority being 4 to 6 years old. We have a full range of teaching materials and course books suited to the each of the age groups we teach.
Nanjing – The city
Located on the south bank of the Yangtze River, Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu Province, is one of the most delightful destinations in China. Known as the capital city of six or ten dynasties in ancient Chinese history, it has a brilliant cultural heritage.
Like most major cities in China, Nanjing is developing rapidly. Great changes have taken place in the city. Modern highways and railways connect the city with most major cities throughout the country and it is becoming a sparkling metropolis akin to Shanghai and Beijing with skyscrapers, luxury hotels, fashion shopping malls, supermarkets and highly-developed economic zones throughout the city.
Dazzling shopping malls and department stores can be found in the commercial areas of the city with stocked plenty of international brand names. Nanjing is also home to several colleges and universities and a large foreign population.
• 22.5 hours teaching per week
• Preparing lessons plans and equipment in advance for each class
• Teaching at multiple sites as necessary
• Taking full ownership of individual student progress
• Coordinating with Chinese teaching staff for executing lesson plans as scheduled
• Take part in school parties and events
• 6,700 RMB per month for teachers with less than 1 yrs experience
• 8,000 RMB per month for teachers with 2 to 3 yrs experience
• Up to 13,000 RMB per month for very experienced teachers
• Housing provided: hotel style apartment, fully furnished, utilities paid for
• Flight allowance: 1,200 USD (roughly 7,400 RMB) paid on contract completion
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
• 12 days paid public holidays plus 10 days extra paid holidays
• Free lunches provided by the school
• Commercial accident insurance
• On-going training and academic support
• Airport pickup
• Promotion opportunities to Senior Teacher and Academic Manager within the Shane network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL, est. 1993, 30% discounts: www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from USA or Canada
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.