International Kindergarten in Dailan
ESL Jobs in Dalian
Our International Kindergarten is an education group operating in over a dozen countries, including mainland China where we opened our first school in 2001. We are currently seeking dedicated, energetic pre-school teachers for our modern, well-equipped kindergarten in the scenic Chinese city of Dalian (population 6,000,000). We are the only school of our kind in Northeast China to offer French, English and Mandarin as our teaching languages, and we currently require native English speakers.
Our location is within the Oriental Yosemite community in the Jin Shi Tan area, near the sea with a marina, beach and other attractions within walking distance. Our close proximity with Korea and Japan brings an influx of tourists and fun travel opportunities. Our school offers a pre-school program for toddlers and children age 2 to 6 years old with a diversified curriculum inspired from Jean Piaget, Maria Montessori and Howard Gardner.
We currently employ 9 foreign teachers at our school. Each teacher will have a Teaching Assistant in the classroom to assist with setting up activities and running the class. There will also be 2 Nursing Teachers in the class who are in charge of water for the kids, bathroom breaks, clothes, sleep and meal time. There is an average of 22 students per class. The school has a playground, library, multi-purpose room, music room, indoor gym and outdoor garden and petting farm and each classroom has a laptop connected to a 46 inch TV.
Actual teaching time is less than 2 hours per day although contact time with the students is between 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. You will receive full training and orientation on arrival and there is on-going professional development through staff meetings and workshops on a weekly basis.
Our curriculum helps children expand their own unique gifts in eight key areas of intelligence: Word Smart (reading, writing and telling stories); Math Smart (logical thinking, patterns and numbers); Body Smart (expression through one’s body, movement and physical activity); Design Smart (visualization, building, drawing and design); Music Smart (rhythm, singing and creating music); Nature Smart (understanding of the natural world and living things); People Smart (group dynamics, sensitivity to others, leadership); Self Smart (awareness of personal feelings, thoughts and talents).
Teach English in Dalian
Situated in the North-East province of Liaoning, the gorgeous coastal city of Dalian has a long history of being used by foreign powers as a port. The city is well-known for its squares, fountains, gardens and beaches thanks to the former major, Bo Xilai, who initiated a ‘Green Storm’, a widespread environmental development campaign.
Dalian also has a reputation for its football, hosting many national competitions and having the most successful team in China. Another big event is the annual Dalian International Fashion Festival attracting thousands of designers, celebrities, pop stars and clothing merchants.
- Work schedule: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (1 hour lunchtime per day)
- Monday to Friday work days
- 40 hours per week: 10 teaching hours and 30 office hours
- Class size: less than 25 students per class
- Lesson planning
- Use audio / video materials in classes
- Attend centre social events
- Excellent salary: 10,000 – 14,000 RMB per month net (negotiable for candidates with experience)
- Increase in salary by rate if teachers work more than 1 year
- Year-end bonus provided if teachers work more than 2 years
- Paid overtime: dependent on local salary standard
- Free housing provided by the school (modern, within walking distance of the school)
- Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided and paid for by the school
- 11 days paid public holidays plus 15 days paid personal holidays per year
- Free meals provided on weekdays
- On-going training and academic support
- Promotion opportunities
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
• Bachelor’s degree (prefer Education, Early Childhood Education or similar preferred)
• TEFL certificate preferred but not required (full training provided on arrival) (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
- Plenty of passion and energy
- Friendly, kind and patient
- Experience teaching young learners / kindergarten preferred
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.