English First Tianjin
ESL Jobs in Tianjin
We are currently recruiting dedicated English teachers to teach either adult students or young learner students at our flagship language schools in Beijing and Tianjin. Candidates will use a variety of teaching approaches along with their creativity and energy and a wide range of teaching materials and technology to engage students in a truly memorable and effective learning experience.
English First (EF) is truly global company, established in 1965 and now with over 400 centers around the world. EF opened its first school in China in 2001 and has since established itself as the market leader for private language learning with over 150 schools, employing over a thousand teachers.
Teach Adult Students
Aged from 18 and up, our students are generally young professionals in their 20’s and 30’s who see the English language as an essential part of their lives for both their work and personal lives. They are truly motivated to learn and are hard working, dedicated students. The teaching covers all 4 skills, speaking, listening, reading and writing with a focus on the communicative approach. You will teach 3 different type of classes – ‘face to face’ classes with a maximum of 4 students per class, ‘workshop’ style classes with up to 25 students and ‘Life Club’ classes which are focused on conversational ability.
Teach Young Learners
The main age group range from 7 to 14 years old, although classes are also offered to younger students and older teenagers as well, ensuring teachers teach a wide variety of ages and abilities. This age group requires a lot of energy and passion as well as the ability to create excitement and fun in the classroom.
Course materials & technology
Popular with students and teachers alike, EF course books have been developed by a dedicated team of linguistic and educational experts. Course books are accompanied by a wide range of supplementary materials and activities allowing for teachers to deliver varied and engaging classes. All schools have interactive white boards, connected to the internet and loaded with multimedia resources which add an exciting new dimension to how you can teach.
Teach English in Tianjin
Tianjin is located 85 miles east of Beijing, near the coast. The capital can be reached in half an hour by fast train. As China’s third largest city with a population of over 10 million people, Tianjin has a rich history and has witnessed many important events since it was given its name in 1404. Evidence of its history is still visible in the old British and Italian concessions, the port and European architectures.
The best known scenic spots and historical sites include the Panshan Scenery Area, the Park on the Water, the Garden of Tranquility, the Palace of Heavenly Empress and even a section of the Great Wall of China at the Huangya Pass.
– Contract duration: minimum 15 months
– Maximum of 20 – 26 hours teaching per week (depending on peak or non-peak periods)
– Maximum 20 admin hours per week
– Lesson planning
– Use audio / video materials in classes
– Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
– Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
– Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
– Attend centre social events
Compensation Package for:
– Excellent salary: 10,500 RMB per month (after tax)
– Housing allowance: 3,000 RMB per month
– Flight allowance: 12,000 RMB (6,000 after 7 months and 6,000 after 15 months)
– Contract completion bonus equal to 1 month salary
– Loyalty bonus: 5,000 RMB (net) for each subsequent contract signed
– Referral bonus: 5,000 RMB per referral
– Quarterly performance bonus (KPI): 1,500 RMB
– Overtime hourly pay: 200 RMB
– Summer performance bonus: 500 RMB per month
– Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
– 11 days public holidays plus 13 days extra holidays
– Airport pickup
– City tour
– Quarterly outings
– Coaching & continuous development (workshops/training etc.)
– General day to day support (bank account, mobile phone, online shopping doctors etc.)
– Chinese Town (Free Online Chinese Lessons) + HSK Level face to face lessons
– Bi-annual performance appraisal and review
– Peer observation & developmental observation
– Career development opportunities based on performance
– Seasonal incentives and competitions
– Legal documents for duration of employment (FEC / resident permit / registration cards / medical) reimbursed on arrival for initial costs
– Welcome packs (including subway card, basic arrival necessities etc.)
– Smoke detectors and air purifiers in apartments
– Two weeks’ training on arrival before teaching
– Free health insurance (Aetna)
– Certification (bi-annual in house training and Cambridge TKT examination)
– TEFL certificate (if not certified)
– Bachelor’s degree (authenticated and notarised from an English speaking country)
– TEFL Internationally recognised TEFL / TESOL / CELTA certification
– Native English speaker / passport holder from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
– At least 22 years old
– Plenty of passion and energy