Wall Street English
ESL Jobs in Myanmar
Wall Street English is now holding interviews for dedicated English teachers who can inspire our adult students to learn while ensuring they have a great time doing so.
Are you looking to develop your teaching career in the exciting country of Myanmar, working alongside an international team of teachers where every day at work you will be making a real difference?
You will directly contribute to the students’ learning by preparing and teaching fun, interactive, and dynamic classes. You’ll inspire and motivate students with your constructive feedback as they progress through their course and have the privilege to change their personal and professional lives.
Reporting to the Service Manager, all teachers are supported and nurtured to help develop professionally and are encouraged to attend ongoing training and skills development seminars. You will become part of a global family that offers you international career development opportunities that will take you on an amazing employee journey.
Wall Street English is the leading language provider for adult students globally. We have been learning partners to over 2 million people, and have been passionate about teaching English for over 40 years. Our method is proven and aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, the global standard for language acquisition and education. We have a current enrolment of 190,000 students.
We have over 450 learning centres in 30 different countries across the globe. Our centres offer a near immersion experience and a unique Blended Learning Method to help each student reach their full potential.
Students are typically 20 to 35 year old professionals, well-educated and from a wide variety of backgrounds. They are motivated to learn English and recognise it as a skill essential for their career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placement tested to ensure they are studying alongside students of the same abilities.
Yangon – The City
Yangon, also called Rangoon, was the capital city of independent Myanmar (Burma) from 1948 to 2006, when the government officially proclaimed the new city of Nay Pyi Daw (Naypyidaw) the capital of the country. Yangon is located in the southern part of the country on the east bank of the Yangon river north of the Gulf of Martaban of the Andaman sea.
Yangon is the largest city in Myanmar and the industrial and commercial centre of the country. When you visit Yangon, visiting Shwedagon Pagoda is a must. It is one of the most famous and interesting places to visit in Yangon. Sule Pagoda lies in the center of Yangon and can be easily visited. Other than pagodas, museums such as National Museum, Bogyoke Museum and Gems Museum display historical events of Myanmar.
Relax at the beautiful beaches of Chaung Thar and Ngwe Saung.
Mandalay – The City
The country’s second largest population (just over 1.2 million) and is the second busiest trade hub (linking China and India with Yangon). It has Myanmar’s second oldest university, second busiest airport and second most successful football team.
Industries include tea packing, silk weaving, brewing and distilling, jade cutting, brass and copper casting, and gold-leaf work. Matches, wood carvings and goldware and silverware are also produced. Mandalay is linked by train and air south to Yangon and north to Myitkyina and to Lashio, where the Burma road begins. The nearby towns of Ava, Amarapura, and Sagaingare suburbs of Mandalay.
• 40 hour work week (max 30 hours teaching per week + 10 hours admin)
• Responsible for planning and delivering interactive, fun and dynamic classes to students at every level in order to guarantee that students are successfully acquiring target language
• Continuously developing your skills as a teacher through new product training and carrying out the personalized training paths assigned to you by your manager
• You work primarily in the classroom, where you teach interactive classes to facilitate a student centered learning environment for your students to progress successfully. Your specific teaching duties include but are not limited to:
• Teach Core Classes (Encounters) comprised of a maximum of 4 students
• Teach Complementary Classes and ensure that students practice their newly acquired skills
• Design and deliver Social Clubs/English Corners, that meet the personal interests of students and drive a community spirit within and outside of the center
• Deliver Classes to Corporate Clients In-Company (optional)
• Ensure that all lesson plans are developed to enrich classes
• Contribute to students learning and the local and global community of students through WSE World and Social Media
• Administer results of classes in the Learner Management System (SSDS) at the end of every shift
• Attend skills development seminars, and Service and General staff meetings
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland or South Africa
• Bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of 120 hours TEFL or CELTA certificate
• IELTS teaching experience required
• Teaching experience is preferred but not required as we provide plenty of training
• Patient, responsible, culturally aware and passionate about teaching
• 1,600 USD per month
• Housing allowance: 300 USD per month
• Extra allowance for activities and business specialisation: 200 USD per month
• Inpatient insurance coverage
• Hotel provided on arrival for 5 days
• On-going training and professional development
• Career development opportunities
• Legal work visa provided
There are no recruitment fees.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.