EF English First Tianjin
EF English First, Tianjin wants to offer you the chance to visit one of the world’s most interesting countries this summer.
We are looking for 8 teachers to teach our children’s summer program from July 2nd to August 18th. The first week will be for training and the following weeks will be for language teaching classes. You may arrive a little earlier than July 2nd for settling in.
The program will be 6 days per week with a maximum of 26 hours teaching per week. The teacher will probably have 3 different classes each week and teacher each class 3 or 4 times per week.
We will be using our standard English First text book, based on which teachers may supplement with other activities. The classes will focus on creating an engaging and communicative learning environment to encourage students to use the language they are learning. One day per week there is an activity day which will include things like a trip to the cinema, theme park or sports.
Tianjin – The City
Tianjin is located 85 miles east of Beijing, near the coast. The capital can be reached in half an hour by fast train. As China＊s third largest city with a population of over 10 million people, Tianjin has a rich history and has witnessed many important events since it was given its name in 1404. Evidence of its history is still visible in the old British and Italian concessions, the port and European architectures.
The best known scenic spots and historical sites include the Panshan Scenery Area, the Park on the Water, the Garden of Tranquility, the Palace of Heavenly Empress and even a section of the Great Wall of China at the Huangya Pass.
• Maximum of 26 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 9,500 RMB (net)
• Free shared accommodation: Western style, near the school
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB
• Performance related bonus
• Visa that will allow you to travel around China after the course is over
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Experience teaching young learners preferred
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.