English First Yantai
ESL Jobs in Yantai
EF English First, Yantai is now interviewing English language teachers for positions that have recently become available at our school. We are looking for energetic teachers who can deliver quality lessons to both young learners and adult students. We adopt communicative “getting involved” teaching methods and we aim to activate and encourage students to participate voluntarily. In doing so, we find our students’ language ability improves rapidly as they get more opportunities to communicate face-to-face with their teachers.
Thanks to our commitment to high academic standards and enabling real progress for each and every student, we have seen constant growth year on year. Our school was nicely designed with a relaxing and pleasant English learning atmosphere in both classrooms and multi-media centers.
Our school makes use of excellent course materials, designed to provide engaging lessons for all ages. We also place a high importance on teacher training and support.
Teach English in Yantai
Yantai is located on the southern coast of the Bohai Sea and the eastern coast of the Laizhou Bay, Yantai borders the cities of Qingdao and Weihai to the southwest and east respectively. Although located in the north, monsoons regulate the climate, keeping it warm and humid. The average temperature is about 11.8-degrees Celsius. Fruits and vegetables are plentiful in this city, and the long coastline and over 60 islands make the area ideal for any seafood lovers.
In addition to Yantai’s natural resources, the breathtaking scenery in and around the city has earned a highly appraised reputation by the United Nations, which lists as one of the most inhabitable places in the world. Transportation is convenient and relatively inexpensive. By rail, Yantai is connected with major cities such as Qingdao, Beijing, and Shanghai. Passenger-ferries to Hong Kong, Seoul, and Daegu of South Korea have also been opened.
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 10,000 RMB per month
• Monthly housing allowance: 2,000 RMB
• Monthly performance bonus: up to 1,200 RMB
• Flight allowance: 12,500 RMB
• Visa costs reimbursed
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided and costs reimbursed on arrival (up to 1,000 RMB for notarization and authentication )
• Loyalty bonus: 6,000 RMB (signing a one-year extension)
• Referral bonus: 6,000 RMB
• Health Insurance: medical and dental from Aetna
• Public holidays plus 12 days paid extra holidays
• Free off site Chinese class one a week
• Airport pickup
• On-going training and academic support
• Free weekly Chinese lessons
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate preferred (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland or New Zealand
• Experience teaching kids is preferred but not required
• Ability to commit to a 15 month contract
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.