Private Kindergarten in Suzhou
ESL Jobs in Suzhou
Our Private Kindergarten is looking for passionate kindergarten teachers to join our school and inspire the youngsters of China with their first steps into language learning. We are a bilingual preschool with two campuses in Suzhou China. Our campus is located in Suzhou, a wealthy and clean city about 30 minutes by train from Shanghai.
Serving both the domestic and international market with two individual programs. Newton’s student body consist of 2-6 year old children from all over the world. Our team is passionate and driven by a common positive spirit and goodwill. Our vision is to be the best kindergarten in China, therefore we put great focus on each child’s learning progress. We sincerely welcome you to be part of our fantastic team where every teacher shows great love and care for the kids.
You will be able to demonstrate excellence and expertise in your specialist area and will hold relevant experience teaching kids. Whilst your subject knowledge, curriculum awareness and pedagogical skills are vitally important to us, they are only part of what we are looking for in our teaching staff. We believe that successful teaching centers on the building of relationships between our teachers and students.
We provide extensive training for all new teachers regardless of experience. Each English teacher leads 2 classes and spends half of the day in each classroom. The teacher will be paired with a Chinese teacher providing support and assistance. Teachers help our children develop skills in reading, writing, listening, and music and encourage a love and appreciation of both the English language and foreign cultures.
Teach English in Suzhou
Suzhou is a renowned cultural, historic and tourist city, located just 25 minutes north of Shanghai on the fast train. The city is located in the southeast of Jiangsu Province, bordering Shanghai on the east. Written historical records indicate that Suzhou has a history of over 4000 years and the city is now best known around China for its unique and plentiful gardens and its many streams and canals, which have earned it the nickname “Venice of the East”.
In early years, teahouses and theatres were the most common nightlife activities. With the development of tourism however, there are multiple more fashionable choices in Suzhou now.
Suzhou is widely known in China as being one of the most livable cities in China, with a buzzing expat community and friendly locals. You will not enjoy only good food there, but also cosmopolitan atmosphere of nightlife activities including cafes, bars, teahouses, theatres and cinemas.
- Monday to Friday 8am – 4:30pm work schedule with weekends off
- Lesson planning
- Use audio and physical materials in classes
- Cooperate with the staff and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
- Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
- Attend school’s social events
- Excellent salary: 20,000-23,000 RMB per month net (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Monthly housing allowance is included in the salary range and is given in cash monthly
- Yearly bonus and additional resign bonus
- Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
- Holidays follow the Chinese calendar with an additional week for Christmas and 3 weeks in the summer
- On-going training and academic support
- Lunch and snack provided during work schedule
- Annual salary increase every two years depending on experience and commitment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- TEFL certificate (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL: GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
- Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
- Experience of teaching young learners preferred (must have TEFL if non-experienced)
- Clean criminal record
- Plenty of passion and energy for kids
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.