Young Learner Language School
-Set the direction for the school leadership in all matters related to academic, training and management quality
-Highly competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
-Based in the vibrant city of Guangzhou
National Academic Manager in Guangzhou
As a National Academic Manager (NAM) based in Guangzhou, China, you will set the direction for the school leadership in all matters related to academic, training and management quality. The NAM provides oversight, management and coaching to regional teams that include teachers, Foreign Academic Managers and City Academic Managers. Main duties and points of contact will be the foreign City Academic Managers. Other duties include driving innovative projects that change our academic management for the better.
As a member of the HQ National Management team in Guangzhou, you will be a driving force in accelerating our students’ growth by developing our City Level Academic Managers. You will strategically identify challenges and opportunities for i2 Education to improve their management development program and work with our Training and Development Department to support academic and management growth. You will review academic operations in schools to see what is working – and then coach, train and consult with local managers to build upon the data.
Our company was founded in 2011, and we have always been committed to providing our young learners with exceptional English classes. Currently, we offer quality international education to tens of thousands of students in 15 provinces, 22 cities and 97 directly-operated campuses all across China. As of 2018, we have nearly 600 foreign teachers in our international family. In addition to honors such as “Most Influential Foreign Language Training Organization”, “Most Influential Educational Group” and “2017 Famous Children’s English Education Brand”, we were also granted “TEFL in China” Foreign Teacher training qualifications by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs in 2018.
In order to inspire a global outlook in students’ minds, through giving them access to internationalized language learning resources here in China, we strive to keep up with the most advanced pedagogical concepts in the world. In early 2017, the “iBilingual International Elite Growth Project”, co-developed with numerous domestic and foreign experts, was launched after an almost year-long preparation. It is a program aimed at enhancing students’ international competitiveness, by cultivating their 5C capabilities (Cross-cultural understanding, Communication, Creativity, Critical thinking and Collaboration). Based on the globally sophisticated Macmillan graded curriculum system, it offers a more diversified course structure that, in addition to the language arts classes and PBL (phenomenon-based learning), also includes family education and social responsibility goals.
– We are problem-solvers: we think of national strategies but implement citywide
– We are teachers and academics – we train at all levels
– We are developers of people – we coach Foreign Academic Managers and City Academic Managers
– We have presence in over 15 cities in China and approximately 96 schools
– We are driven and are continually looking to improve our procedures
Who we are looking for
– You will have experience in developing and coaching city level managers and have knowledge of how to use multiple types of goal setting methods and analysing data.
– You will have a strong, positive attitude and you are able to motivate others, even during difficult times.
– You will have demonstrated experience in implementing change to drive student growth or improve satisfaction as well as student results.
– You will preferably have (or are currently working towards) one of the following: Diploma level qualification, MA in TESOL, MBA, DELTA or Masters in Leadership or Management.
– You will be familiar with typical management systems, processes and goal setting techniques.
– You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in academic management, preferably in a senior role overseeing a city with multiple schools and having managed multiple school level managers.
– You will be a role model for leadership.
– The challenge of coming up with innovative solutions to seemingly impossible problems excites you, especially when it comes to management development.
Working hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 – 18:00 with lunch break
40 hour work week
-Highly competitive salary: starting at 25,000 – 30,000 RMB (approx. 3,500 – 4,200 USD) per month and above dependent of qualifications and experiences
-Housing allowance of 4,000 RMB per month
-Flight reimbursement on contract completion: 6,000 RMB (approx. 850 USD)
-Quarterly and annual Bonuses
-Airport pick up and hotel accommodation upon arrival
-Maternity and nursing leave
-3 weeks paid annual leave
-Legal work permit & work visa
-Medical and accident insurance provided
-On-going professional training and development
-Career promotion opportunities
-Family benefits include: medical & accident insurance for foreign spouse and lineal relatives in China, housing allowance for children and local education allowance for children
-Native English speaker from UK, US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland or South Africa
-Bachelor’s degree or above
-Minimum of 3 years’ experience in academic management, preferably in a senior role overseeing a city with multiple schools and having managed multiple school level managers
-Solid academic qualifications in TEFL industry (have or are currently working towards: Diploma level qualification, MA in TESOL, MBA, DELTM or Masters in Leadership or Management
-Clean criminal record
-Highly responsible team player with hard working ethics
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.