English First Wuhan
Director of Studies Jobs in Wuhan
Are you looking for a Director of Studies position in a dynamic and exciting education environment? Can you lead a team of international teachers and ensure the highest possible academic standards for our students?
We are seeking a Director of Studies who can lead our modern school on to great things.
EF English First, Wuhan is looking to recruit a motivated, dynamic Director of Studies to lead our tenacious teaching team. Essential qualities for this challenging position include strong people management skills and the ability to motivate and lead a team of international teachers. A proven track record in teacher training through workshops, class observations and one-on-one support are vital to this role.
The right candidate will be organized and logic in planning and implementation of new school initiatives. Excellent creativity and problem solving skills are also needed. You will have a degree and credible TEFL qualification as well as a wide range of teaching experience, especially to young learners. You will be well versed in TEFL methodology and teaching techniques.
Our 4 schools are testament to our commitment to providing all our students with a supportive and engaging English education. An exciting chance for someone looking to live in a captivating city and work in a school where you can really make a difference.
EF Wuhan, part of the largest education group in the world, was established over 11 years ago and has developed into the market leader in the city, providing top class English education to thousands of students a year. Recently refurbished, we now boast up to date teaching technology and a fresh, modern design. EF Wuhan offers a range of courses across all levels and abilities, from young learners to teenagers and adults. Emphasis is placed on providing an engaging and varied learning experience to all students. Course materials are backed up with a large collection of teaching resources. Teacher training and on-going academic support is also given the highest priority.
Teach English in Wuhan
Located right on the mighty Yangtze River east of Shanghai, Wuhan is a fascinating city with both an ancient history and a thriving present. For centuries, this city has been the center of trade and transportation in central China but is now known as one of China’s main high-tech, education and financial centers, while still having a more traditional feel than some of China’s coastal cities.
Wuhan is the place to find both history and natural wonders. Hubei Provincial Museum and Yellow Crane Tower are two places to appreciate ancient Chinese history and culture. Wuhan was also the location of one of Chairman Mao Zedong’s private residences which he nicknamed the ‘Home of the White Clouds and Yellow Cranes’ and also where he gave audience to President Richard Nixon.
• Teacher training and development
• Teacher management
• Teaching high quality lessons
• Scheduling and timetabling
• Administrative reports
• School development and operation
• Delivering professional development seminars
• Excellent salary: up to 19,000 – 23,000 RMB per month depending on qualifications, experience and interview result
• Free accommodation: Western style, near the school OR 2,000 RMB monthly housing allowance
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided by the school
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Health insurance provided (value 300,000 RMB)
• Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
• Performance related bonus up to 1,500 RMB per quarter
• On-going training and academic support
• Free Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Young Learner course
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• At least 3 years of previous teaching experience
• Experience managing and training English teachers
• Dedicated, hard-working, passionate about education and training
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.