English First Tangshan
Are looking for a challenging leadership role in education? Would you like to work with a fun and dynamic international team? Are you interested in opportunities for professional growth and development?
At EF English First Tangshan, we are seeking a new Director of Studies (DoS) to join our team and manage one of our schools.
Are You a Director with a Difference?
As the DoS you will be responsible for ensuring the academic integrity of the school so that our students receive the best possible English language education.
Vital to this role are strong communication, scheduling and teacher utility, continuous professional development, academic administration, EF Labs for Kids and Teens support, facilities and resources and classroom teaching.
Ideally you’ll possess outstanding organizational skills, be positive and enthusiastic in the workplace and show an eagerness to solve problems. A proven track record of building strong relationships with teachers, sales and service staff, customers and other senior managers is essential.
Above all you’ll be a person who has a passion for learning and a real commitment to leading and developing a team of teachers. You’ll be someone who is able to confidently craft a vision for the future of our flagship school, while effectively managing its day to day operations. This will require all of your creativity and initiative as you work mostly independently to plan and implement your new directives that will ensure further success for our school.
Teach English in Tangshan
Tangshan is known to the Chinese as being the treasured land just east of Beijing. Situated at the bottom of Yanshan Mountain’s southern slope, the north of the city occupies mountainous areas, the central plain and the coastline of 200km to the south. Tangshan has a rich history, according to archaeological discoveries, it was validated that this area was inhabited as far back as 45,000 years ago. It is home to a section of the Great Wall, underwater, as well as being a short distance from the ancient Qing Tombs.
Tangshan has developed into a relatively modern city with plenty to do in terms of entertainment, eating out, sports and day trips out of the city. We enjoy a warm-temperate monsoon climate, the city is dry in spring, hot in summer, and chilly in winter.
• Manage the day to day and long term needs of the teaching team
• Facilitate professional development of teachers
• Provide the team with new ESL resource options
• Recruit and induct new teachers
• Manage the school’s extensive academic program
• Support our sales and marketing team
• Control our teaching schedule
• Implement initiatives that focus on continual improvement
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for the future of the school
• Excellent salary: 16,000 – 24,0000 RMB per month total (based on experience)
• Housing allowance: 1,500 RMB per month
• Punctuality bonus: 500 RMB per month
• Key performance index bonus: 500 RMB
• Demo bonus: 100 RMB per new student sign up
• KPI Bonus: Up to 6,000 RMB per month
• Assistance in finding suitable accommodation
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB paid after 12 months
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Contract renewal bonus: 15,000 RMB
• Overtime pay
• Airport pick-up from Beijing airport
• Health and travel insurance provided
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• A recognized TEFL certificate
(No TEFL? – We recommend www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
• Trinity CTESOL or Cambridge CELTA is highly preferred
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
• At least 3 years teaching experience
• Previous management background is highly preferred
As well as
• Diploma level EFL teaching qualification and/or Masters in TEFL or related subject
• Experienced in teaching all age groups offered at EF Kids (3-18 years old students)
• Previous management experience in multicultural environments (preferably Asia/China)
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.