Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Xiamen, Quanzhou, Chengdu, Mianyang, Chongqing, Suzhou, Wuxi, Kunshan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Shaoxing, Nantong, Hefei, Nanchang, Changsha, Wuhan, Xi’an, Shenyang, Kunming, Dongguan, Foshan, Shunde, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Huizhou.
ESL Jobs in China
Meten English is looking for English teachers who can incorporate a fun and creative teaching style with our unique teaching materials and approaches to ensure our adult students receive a first rate educational experience.
If you are looking for a chance to teach communicative English to motivated adult students across China where every day at work will bring exciting challenging then we have just the job for you.
Meten English is the leading language provider for adult students globally, with a dominant presence in China. Our innovative English Method integrates the best of proven teaching approaches to provide the most effective English language education available for adults. Students listen, read, write, speak, and practice English under the tutelage of native English speaking teachers.
Meten English was established in 2006 and growing stronger every year, our school has provided instruction to over 60,000 students and has over 100 centers in over 25 cities including Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Chongqing and many other exciting locations.
Each of our centers are equipped with state of the art equipments, which include a coffee bar, theatre, library, lab area with many computers with internet access and comfortable, spacious classrooms that allow students to study in a comfortable and relaxing environment.
Students are typically 20 to 35 years old professionals, well educated and from a wide variety of backgrounds. There are some ambitious high school students ages 16-18, who are motivated to learn English and recognise it as a skill essential for their academic and career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placement tested to ensure they are studying alongside students of the same abilities.
Courses at Meten English are based on our unique Experimental Learning System which measures students’ requirements to formulate courses to meet their requirements. Teaching is student centered as focuses on developing English skills through thoughtful and meaningful learning tasks in a relaxed and fun environment.
Meten English’s 4D English Learning System is widely recognized and practiced throughout the world and is a combination of Western and Asian methodologies designed to match Chinese students’ learning habits. The 4D English Learning System is made up of four parts – Fun, Skill, Tech and Goal.
Our school’s Skill Drive incorporates techniques designed to provide students with effective learning strategies. This involves the Communicative Method, Task Based Learning, Situation Learning and the Audio-Lingual Method. An online virtual gaming component, known as MOW, allows students to take the role of a character in a virtual English environment and can interact with other teachers and students online.
“It was Gold Star who were first to contact me and shortly after my resume was sent they quickly arranged an interview with a prospective employer. The interview was successful and the position matched my requirements so I accepted the job. I am now working for Meten in Shenzhen and it feels like I have made a good choice. The school is very modern and professionally run, so I am sure that I will enjoy my time here. Thanks very much for your help in locating this opportunity for me.”
Philip Levine, Meten English, Shenzhen, China
You will not only be teaching, but also developing your own skill sets and competencies. Teacher training and support is central to our company culture and through workshops, seminars and class observations you will be constantly expanding the teaching methods at your disposal. Time is devoted to idea and experience sharing so you always have fresh ideas to work with.
• 25 teaching hours + 10 office hours per week
• Teach a variety of English classes to a range of abilities
• Ensure students learn and progress and receive the support and encouragement needed
• Take part in social activities
• Excellent salary: 12,000 – 20, 000 RMB per month for all cities in China (depending on qualifications & experience)
• A housing allowance to help cover rent, ranging from 1,500 RMB – 3,000 RMB
• Flight reimbursement of up to 8,000 RMB
• Visa reimbursement of up to 7,500 RMB (2,000 RMB for each of the 3 documents required to apply, and 1,500 RMB for the z-visa application)
• Pre-paid 120-hour TEFL course (for fresh graduates!)
• Medical reimbursement of up to 1,700 RMB (1,000 RMB – Overseas, 700 RMB – China)
• Resident Permit reimbursement of up to 800 RMB
• Contract-renewal bonus of 3,000 RMB – 6,000 RMB
• Quarterly performance bonus of up to 2,500 RMB
• Open class bonus of 200 RMB per new student signed
• 7-days free hotel accommodation upon arrival
• 11 days of Chinese public holidays, 10 more days of annual leave, plus Christmas Day
• Health and accident insurance
• Airport pick-up when you land, as well as an introduction to your new city
• Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
• On-going training and professional development
• Career-development opportunities, whether that be within teaching, course-development, training, or recruitment
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• 2 years of teaching experience preferred but not required
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, or Ireland
• Outgoing, social personality
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.