EF Education First Hefei
ESL Jobs in Hefei
We are now hiring qualified individuals for full-time teaching positions in Hefei, China. In addition to a well-paying job, professional training and extensive teacher resources, you’ll have the opportunity to truly experience living in a foreign country. With EF, you’ll be surrounded by a close community of coworkers ready to help you make the most of your time here.
EF is a global enterprise that has been in the business of education for 50 years. Founded on the premise of opening the world through education, we have grown into the largest English language training school on Earth, operating in 52 countries worldwide including China- our biggest market.
EF Hefei has been operating successfully for over 15 years now. We teach students of all ages. We have courses ranging from kindergarten English to Professional Business English.
All classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards (IWB) and extensive resource compilations. Our course materials are state of the art and are designed to be engaging and intuitive for both learners and teachers.
Our school offers round-trip airfare, accommodation, a competitive salary as well as free weekly Chinese lessons and training workshops to ensure continuing professional development. At Education First Hefei, it is our prerogative to ensure all of our teachers are constantly improving their classroom skills using the most up to date methodologies.
Teach English in Hefei
Hefei, Capital of Anhui Province, is what’s known as a ‘small Chinese city’, even though it has a population over 7 million people. It is also one of the fastest growing cities in the world and was awarded EF Global’s ‘Best Home for Teachers’ 2019. The locals are extremely friendly and it’s an ideal place to learn Chinese. The food culture here is what many people find most attractive about the city. Busy local restaurants with huge varieties of dishes can be found absolutely everywhere and are often open till the early hours of the morning. The city also has plenty of Western amenities as well. You’ll never be short of invitations to dinner, the bar or KTV (karaoke). Overall it is a lively and friendly environment.
The cost of living in Hefei is comparatively cheap when comparing it to more international cities like Shanghai. The accommodation provided by the school is a short walk away from parks, lakes and shopping malls. As for traveling, Hefei is situated near the Yellow Mountains, near Nanjing and a short train ride from Shanghai.
Testimonials from Teachers
“A burgeoning modern day Chinese city with an ideal combination of traditional and modern China while at the same time providing ample western amenities.”
“Hefei has allowed me to experience something completely new, but also feel as if I have a second home in Asia. A big city with a country heart.”
“People are really friendly here.”
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Student ages: 3 to 18 years old
• Class size: 12 to 16 students
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• 11,000 RMB salary per month (approx. 1,500 USD per month)
• Official Chinese ‘Z’ work visa provided, including any associated fees
• 7,000 RMB flight allowance
• 10 days paid vacation in addition to public Chinese holidays
• Extremely generous performance bonuses
• Extensive worldwide health insurance package provided by EF Global
• Rent-free accommodation provided
• Free Chinese lessons
• TEFL Certification course
• Weekly workshops to continually foster professional development
• 10% Pay Increase and 5,000 RMB bonus after signing second contract
• Many opportunities for promotion for qualified, hardworking candidates
• Training and funding to take the Cambridge University Teaching Knowledge Test Young Learner Module within your first month of arriving
• Academic Scholarship opportunities for teachers wishing to stay with us for additional years
• University Degree (B.A or equivalent)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland
• At least 2 years of teaching experience preferred
• Teaching certificate preferred (TEFL, CELTA etc.)
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.