English First Hefei
ESL Jobs in Hefei
EF English First in Hefei is now holding interviews for motivated, energetic English language teachers with the ability to teach to both young learner and adult students. We offer exception teaching materials, cutting edge educational technology, a great package and a friendly and fun work environment.
Part of the global EF network, our first school in Hefei was opened in 2004 and thanks to our high academic standards we have grown to a total of 4 schools. We have a dynamic team of 35 foreign teachers, many of who have been with us for a long time now, so there are always plenty of people to socialize with and show you around. We offer classes to students of all ages ranging from kindergarten students to teenagers, adults and business English. The majority of students are aged 7 to 14 years old. Teaching assistants are available to help with classroom management for the students aged 3 to 4.
English First, Hefei provides teachers with the ideal environment to develop professionally. Our centers are designed to offer ample of support both academically and through pastoral care creating an ideal atmosphere to work and live.
Our schools boast up to date teaching materials and resources, including computers in the classrooms, interactive white boards and modern ‘Lifeclub’ lounges which allow for a truly varied and engaging teaching process to be delivered.
Teach English in Hefei
Hefei is the capital city of Anhui province located just 3 hours west of Shanghai by bullet train. With the mighty Yangste river flowing to the south, Huaihe river to the south and the large Chaohu lake in the east, Hefei is well known for its pleasant surroundings and favourable climate.
Being the largest city in Anhui province Hefei has a lively atmosphere with live music, karaoke bars, cafes, shopping centers and lots more to explore and discover. The eating culture here is what many people find very attractive about the city. Busy local restaurants with huge varieties of dishes can be found absolutely everywhere and there is an abundance of delicious, cheap food to be sampled.
• Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
• Lesson planning
• Use audio / video materials in classes
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 8,000 RMB per month (negotiable for experienced teachers)
• Free accommodation: Western style, fully furnished, near the school
• Flight allowance: 9,000 RMB half payable after 6 months, half after 12 months
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days extra holidays
• Extensive health insurance provided
• Generous student retention bonuses: up to 34,000 RMB (5,400 USD) over 12 months
• Weekly Chinese lessons (in school and online lessons)
• On-going training and academic support
• Training and funding to take the Cambridge University Teaching Knowledge Test Young Learner Module within your first month of arriving
• Academic Scholarship opportunities for teachers wishing to stay with us for additional years
• 10% pay increase for teachers staying a second year
• Promotion opportunities within the EF network
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker (can consider non-natives who have lived in a native speaking country for at least 7 years – for work visa application reasons)
• Plenty of passion and energy
• Experience teaching young learners preferred but not required
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.