Director of Studies Jobs in Nantong
Our school in Nantong is holding interviews for the position of school director. We are seeking a new Director of Studies (DoS) to join our team and manage the academic team at our school. Central to the role will be developing a strategic path and nurturing the growth and development of the school.
As the DoS you will be responsible for ensuring the academic integrity of the school so that our students receive the best possible English language education. Vital to this role are strong people management skills and a flexible working style. You’ll have the ability to manage and develop a small international teaching team.
Our school is part of the largest language training company in the world and as such we boast outstanding resources, computer assisted learning, great support and training and a generous compensation package.
Our school is relatively small so team-work and the ability to get along with people are essential skills. You will have the support and training that is essential to ensure the work is enjoyable and rewarding and you will be constantly growing as a teacher. Our students are mainly young learners aged 3 to 15, we also offer some classes for adult and business English students.
Teach English in Nantong
Nantong is a prefecture-level city in the central part of Jiangsu province in China, located on the north of the Yangtze River which separates it from Shanghai. It currently has a population of just over 7 million with a wonderful subtropical and warm climate. This city has a long history and used to be known for its production of salt. It has been discovered that primitive clan inhabitants lived in this region some 5,000 years ago.
Now known as the “Pearl of the River and Sea”, Nantong is one of China’s first fourteen coastal cities allowed to be opened to international trade. It is also known throughout China as “The First Window on the Yangtze River” and is one of the famous national tourist centers. Since the completion of Sutong Yangtze River Bridge in 2008, it is becoming the best city for its growth economically and foreign investments in the Yangtze Delta Economic Zone.
Nantong has great scenic spots such as “Hao River Scenic Area”, which used to be an ancient moat surrounding Nantong City in the year 958. Along the river are Nantong Museum, Tianning Temple, bridges, parks, squares and various species of old trees. There is also the “Langshan Scenic Area”, which is known as one of the six well-known scenic areas in Jiangsu Province and in it are five hills, 43 ancient buildings, 23 stone inscriptions, caves, springs, ponds and ancient pathways.
• Manage the day to day and long term needs of the teaching team
• Facilitate professional development of teachers
• Provide the team with new ESL resource options
• Recruit and induct new teachers
• Manage the school’s extensive academic program
• Support our sales and marketing team
• Control our teaching schedule
• Implement initiatives that focus on continual improvement
• Develop and implement a strategic plan for the future of the school
• Excellent salary: 16,000 – 20,000 RMB per month
• Flight allowance provided: 9,000 RMB per year
• Housing allowance of 2,000 RMB per month
• Performance bonus: up to 6,000 RMB per quarter
• Annual training allowance
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
• On-going professional training and classroom-based professional development
• 12 days public holidays plus 10 days annual leave plus maximum 15 days unpaid leave
• Health insurance provided
• Help on arrival – airport pickup, welcome pack, opening bank account, internet setup etc
• Career advancement opportunities within the EF network globally
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa
• Bachelor’s degree or above
• TEFL certificate
• Previous DoS experience desirable
As well as
• Strong people skills, a flexible working style and creativity
• A wide range of teaching experience to young learners
• A good understanding of TEFL methodology
• China experience is preferred
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.