English First Chongqing
ESL Jobs in Chongqing
EF English First, Chongqing is now recruiting new English language teachers to keep up with the growing demand from our students. We are looking for bright, motivated teachers with a passion for teaching. We pride ourselves on our high standards, relaxed working environment and ambitions for the future and are looking for teachers with the same values.
English First, Chongqing is part of the largest private education company in the world, opened its doors in 2008. Our language schools boast with cutting edge technology and school design. Along with a comprehensive range our study materials and courses, our classrooms are fitted with computer assisted learning and interactive touch screen whiteboards. We provide all our students, with a modern approach to language learning which is varied and engaging. Teacher training and on-going academic support is also given the highest priority.
Teach English in Chongqing
Chongqing is situated on the upper reaches of the Yangtze River in Sichuan province in the west of China, not far from Tibet. It is a large and fast changing city, known as “Mountain City”, spread around a mountain; you will be always walking either up or down. It really is a city of changes, mixing modern development with local traditions and small local neighborhoods.
Chongqing is endowed with rich natural scenery, boasting mountains, rivers, forests springs, waterfalls, gorges and caves. It also showcases the area’s rich cultural heritage, including the minority Bayu culture, Three Gorges and the modern, developed city itself-including the Yangtze River Cruises.
Chongqing is especially well known for its food. People love to eat here and you will find thousands of restaurants featuring all kinds of delicious dishes to feast on. Most famous is the spicy hot pot. Chili pepper, sesame, fermented black beans, scallions, ginger, garlic, wine, soy sauce and an array of flavorings are used in almost 40 different cooking methods.
– Maximum of 20 hours teaching per week
– Lesson planning
– Use audio / video materials in classes
– Cooperate with the CM and DOS in ensuring the constructive communication and efficient operation of the centre
– Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
– Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes, conversation clubs, tutorials, seminars and presentations
– Attend centre social events
– Excellent salary: 13,000 – 16,400 RMB (approx. 1,800 – 2,300 USD) per month
– 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
– Up to 1,950 RMB per month in performance bonuses
– Sponsored legal Z work visa
– 12,000 RMB salary advance available
– Health insurance provided
– 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
– Airport pick-up upon arrival
– Free hotel accommodation during your first two weeks at EF English First
– ESL certification programs including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and Trinity DELTM
– Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
– Weekly EF sponsored social events
– Teacher advantages discount scheme
– Job rotation scheme
– Bachelor’s degree
– TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
– Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia or New Zealand
– Experience teaching young learners preferred
– Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.