Featured Director of Studies Jobs in China
With over 10 years experience in the ESL industry in China, we put teachers in contact with the very best public and private schools across China.
Director of Studies jobs with leading language school
Director of Studies position in Chengdu
Academic Manager job in Vietnam
Is a Director of Studies job right for you?
Salary & benefits for Director of Studies jobs in China
- Excellent salary: 14,000 – 30,000 RMB (2,000 – 4,400 USD) per month
- Accommodation provided: Western style, furnished, on campus
- Flight allowance
- Performance based bonuses
- Legal ‘Z’ work visa and residence permits provided
- 11 days national Chinese public holidays plus 15 days personal holiday
- Health insurance
- Yearly training allowance
- Key Performance Index bonus
- Weekly Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Airport pickup and welcome pack
- On-going training and academic support
- Promotion opportunities
This is an example of a typical salary package for Director of Studies jobs in China. We will provide you with specific package information for a selection of suitable schools once we receive your application.
Requirements for Director of Studies ESL jobs in China
- Native English speaker or non-native with fluent English and a clear accent
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject (education related preferred)
- TEFL certificate and other educationa certificates desirable (No TEFL? We recommend INTESOL)
- Solid teaching expereince
- Previous teacher training and management expereince
- Between 26 and 65 years old
A Typical Week as a Director of Studies
A job as a Director Studies (DoS) is a busy and challenging one with many different areas of responsibility. A typical week would involve teaching perhaps 4 to 8 hours of classes as well as running a weekly teachers meeting and perhaps one teacher training session every 2 to 4 weeks. The Director of Studies will also schedule class observations and provide constructive, practical feedback to the teacher after each session. The DoS will produce weekly schedules for the teachers which will include existing and new classes as well as soon events and admin duties for the teachers. The Director of Studies will also have a weekly meeting with the sales and marketing departments to overview progress. At certain times of the year the Director of Studies will be responsible for the interviewing and recruitment of new teachers.
Ask a Question
Questions about DoS jobs? Ask us!