Language School in Fuzhou
ESL Jobs in Fuzhou
We are now recruiting energetic, passionate young learner English language teachers. Our high academic standards and enjoyable learning environment have established us as the number one language school in Fuzhou. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work in an established school with exceptional resources and a supportive teaching team.
Our school was started in 2003 with the aim of doing ESL differently than other schools in China. The quality of the education we provide matters. We aim to provide students with creative, engaging, and educational lessons that will allow them to develop their language skills in a safe and supportive environment. Due to continued success we now have a total of 6 schools all with modern facilities and cutting edge teaching resources.
We offer courses to students of all ages, with the majority being young learners from 7 to 14 years old. Our commitment to education extends into high-level of support we provide for our teachers and staff. From a supportive community to welcome new teachers, to comprehensive initial training and on-going professional development, we are here to make sure that our teachers have the resources, training, and support to succeed in the classroom.
We have small class sizes so you can build a rapport with your students, every class has a Teaching Assistant to help you and the students and we provide everything you need to create fun and interactive lessons.
We also believe in having a work life balance. On average our teachers are in the classroom for around 18 hours each week. Which leaves you with lots of time for exploring the city and surrounding countryside, learning Chinese, playing sports, going to the gym and immersing yourself in Chinese culture.
“My time at the school is one I will always remember very fondly. Taking the plunge and moving far from home is a challenge to say the least. Particularly for a first-time ESL Teacher this support is absolutely indispensable and, even for those who have taught before or have previously lived in China, not enough can be said about the help, advice and useful services the school offers. This support allows you to focus on teaching well.” Matt
Teach English in Fuzhou
Most people haven’t heard of Fuzhou, but why would you? After all it’s only a city of some 6 million people! Fuzhou is a ‘small’ Chinese city, and capital of Fujian province. It’s coastal, surrounding by mountains and in 2014 was ranked 7th in china for air quality.
Fuzhou has existed as a settlement for around 2,000 years and has played an important role in Chinese history- being one of the main trading ports with the West. Much of this history remains in the city, particularly examples of Qing and Ming dynasty architecture.
A temperate climate
Fuzhou has a sub-tropical climate. Temperatures in the summer regularly get over 35C (95F) but never dip below 5C (41F) in the winter.
Old and new
The city is constantly changing with new skyscrapers appearing every week but the heart of the city remains. From tiny little side streets with 10RMB noodle bars, to quirky coffee shops, lush parks and working temples Fuzhou has a lot of character.
5 hours from Shanghai by bullet train (or a 90 minute flight), around the same distance to Hong Kong. We’re also a short flight from Taipei and have direct connections to many other major Chinese and Asian cities including Beijing, Seoul, Tokyo, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur.
• Maximum of 24 hours teaching per week (avergae 18 hours per week)
• Lesson planning
• Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
• Carry out teaching related responsibilities including, but not limited to demonstration classes and conversation clubs
• Attend centre social events
• Excellent salary: 8,000 – 10,000 RMB per month for new teachers
• Excellent salary: 9,000 – 11,000 RMB per month for teachers with 1 or more years experience
• Free accommodation: Western style, furnished, near the school or 1,500 RMB monthly allowance
• Flight allowance: 8,000 RMB
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa
• Total of roughly 6 weeks paid holidays per year including all Chinese public holidays, Christmas, an end of summer break and two weeks private leave
• Free Mandarin Chinese classes
• Airport pick up
• 2 weeks paid training at the start of your contract
• On-going training and academic support
• Promotion opportunities
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland
• Experience teaching young learners preferred but not required
• Plenty of passion and energy
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.