Wall Street English
ESL Jobs in Beijing
Wall Street English is looking for experienced, outgoing English teachers for our premium VVIP student division and Corporate Language Training (Business English) division, who can inspire our adult students to learn while ensuring they have a great time doing so.
Are you looking to develop your career in one of China’s metropolitan cities, teaching motivated students in a 1-on-1 and small group setting where every day at work you will be making a real difference? If so, we have just the job for you.
These positions are based in the four major metropolitan Chinese cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen. Detailed information on what each city has to offer will be send following your application.
(Watch this video on Youku).
Wall Street English
Wall Street English is the leading language provider for adult students globally, with a dominant presence in China. Our innovative Wall Street English Method integrates the best of proven teaching approaches to provide the most effective English language education available for adults. Students listen, read, write, speak, and practice English under the tutelage of native English speaking teachers.
Founded 40 years ago and growing stronger every year, Wall Street English has provided instruction to over 2 million students and has over 400 centers in 27 countries with over 60 of them in China.
Students who chose the VIP courses at Wall Street English are often busy business people or celebrities who schedule personal 1-on-1 classes with a teacher at a location of their choosing. As a VIP teacher you will travel to different locations to meet the student, which could be at Wall Street centers or the students house or in a quiet café.
Corporate Language Training (Business English) Students
Wall Street English run bespoke English language courses for small groups of business English students. These courses will utilize the Wall Street English teaching materials, as well as the Pearson materials such as the excellent Market Leader series and will also include an element of customization to suit the unique language learning needs of each class. Topics will include things such as taking part in meetings, business emails, delivering a presentation and negotiating effectively in English. Some of the clients we teach include Huawei (major Chinese tech company) and Southern China Airlines.
Students are typically 20 to 35 years old professionals, well educated and from a wide variety of backgrounds. They are motivated to learn English and recognise it as a skill essential for their career development. Levels range from beginner right through to advanced and all students are clearly placement tested to ensure they are studying alongside students of the same abilities.
You will not only be teaching, but also developing your own skill sets and competencies. Teacher training and support is central to our company culture and through workshops, seminars and class observations you will be constantly expanding the teaching methods at your disposal. Time is devoted to idea and experience sharing so you always have fresh ideas to work with.
Teach English in Beijing
Teach English in Beijing and immerse yourself in the traditions of ancient China while also being a part of the exciting changes of a city on the cutting edge of modern culture. Beijing continues to be an exciting place for all things music, fashion and art with plenty of events and shows to attend. There is a thriving expat community in Beijing, with the Sanlitun area being a popular destination for both expats and trendy locals to mix and mingle over drinks.
• Based on a 40 hours a week
• Teaching hours equivalent of 10 classes per week (average class time is 2 hours)
• Approximately 50% of working time is for traveling to clients location and class preparation
• Attendance and participation of weekly meeting/ training sessions
• Delivery of Pearson products to a variety of clients ranging in ages from 4 to adult (less than 10% of students are under the age of 18) including but not limited to WSE and relevant WSE products English Fit/ HMM/ For today/ ILETS, English Corner Materials, Pearson BigFun, BigEnglish, Next Move, All About America, Speakout, Market Leader, various short courses with emphases on skills development
• Delivery of classes one to one or on-site at a company / institution for multiple students
• Coordinating with CTs (Chinese Teachers) (SAs) about student learning issues
• Support with in center and ILS sales teams with client visits, custom learning proposals and demos
• Delivering WSE VVIP or Pearson demo classes and conduct oral tests when needed
• Exceptional teaching, coaching skills and capabilities
• A desire for self development and career progression in a fast growing and dynamic team
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland or South Africa for all other cities
• Bachelor’s degree
• TEFL certificate (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL)
• 2 years of teaching experience
• Outgoing, dedicated, professional
NOTE: If you do not yet have 2 years of teaching experience, contact us and we will provide you with details of other suitable positions.
• Excellent salary: 17,000 – 20,000 RMB (2,500 – 3,000 USD) per month depending on experience and location
• Overtime pay: 300 – 500 RMB depending on hours taught
• 10,000 RMB (1,600 USD) flight allowance (Beijing only, paid one month after arrival)
• 15,000 RMB (2,400 USD) sign on bonus over 3 months (Beijing only)
• Performance based bonus: 1,000 – 5,000 RMB per month (Beijing only)
• Travel between class is subject to reimbursement monthly
• 11 days Chinese National holidays + 10 days personal holidays
• 14 days free hotel at beginning of contract and help finding apartment
• Legal ‘Z’ work visa provided
• Full medical insurance
• Re-sign contract bonus: 6,000 RMB
• Airport pickup and full induction and training provided
• On-going training and professional development
• Free Mandarin Chinese classes
• Certified Harvard Manage Mentor course
• Wall Street English IELTS test preparation certificate
• Free online subscription to the Financial Times
• Career development opportunities
There are no costs whatsoever for the entire recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.