International Schools in Saudi Arabia
• Female Homeroom Teacher for Kindergarten and Grades 2 – 6
• Female Math Teacher
• Female Physics Teacher
• Female Language Arts Teacher
• Female Social Studies Teacher
We are now holding interviews for female Homeroom Teachers for kindergarten and grades 2 to 6 at modern international schools in Saudi Arabia. We also have positions for female Math, Physics, Language Arts and Social Studies teachers from grades 7 to 12.
Our International Schools are located in the Eastern Province (Dammam) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We offer educational opportunities for Saudi and international students. The Schools consist of separate facilities for boys and girls. Modern classrooms create a positive learning environment.
Homeroom teachers bring to this role an enthusiasm and an interest in students, a desire to work for the good of each student and a commitment to the leadership model developed within the school. Therefore teachers will ensure that the time spent with their homeroom is challenging yet affirming, allowing for growth, independence and responsibility.
In addition to responsibility for developing and monitoring the general welfare, educational progress and social development for each student, teachers have a significant responsibility for maintaining appropriate standards of student conduct, appearance and manners. They are required to address day-to-day disciplinary issues, referring difficult issues to the counselor or vice principal. Their aim should be to inculcate in their students good study habits, self-discipline and a sense of self-worth. Teachers are to encourage students to discuss issues and concerns with them.
Saudi Arabia or the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the birth place and spiritual home of Islam. With a land area of over 2.1 million square kilometers, it is the largest Arab state in Western Asia and a runner up when it comes to size in the Arab world after Algeria. Its neighboring countries are Jordan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Oman and Yemen. It has a population of over 30.7 million.
The oil-rich nation has a lot of beautiful places to offer, its greatest treasure is its rock hewn Mada’in Saleh, a pre-Islamic archaeological site which can be found in the Al-Ula sector within the Al Madinah Region. Jeddah has an enchanting old city made of corals and is also the gateway to the holy cities, Mecca and Medina.
If you are a diving enthusiast, the Red Sea has a magnificent local marine life which is well maintained since there are rules and regulations governing this area. Other wonders are the mud-brick ruins of Dir’aiyah and the plunging landscapes of the Asir Mountains.
• Teach between 24 – 30 hours per week
• Maintain a record of the studies undertaken by each student
• Familiarize themselves with any difficulties students may possess in subject areas
• Encourage and monitor each student’s involvement in school activities
• Plan and teach all lessons as assigned
• Mark and record all homework, quizzes and assignments
• Encourage each student’s academic and social development as well as moral welfare, by promoting a homeroom atmosphere in which self-respect for staff and other students, good study habits and a sense of belonging and connectedness
• Establish and maintain a detailed awareness of all factors relevant to the physical, academic and social needs of each student in the homeroom and of their individual progress towards desirable educational goals
• Excellent salary: 2,600 to 4,260 USD tax free (based on qualifications and experience)
• Fully furnished apartment (two bedroom/two baths; shared living, dining and kitchen)
• Yearly round trip airfare provided to city of recruitment
• Legal work visa provided
• Teacher training and professional development provided
• Transportation as needed to and from the school
• Plus shopping buses several times a week
• Basic medical insurance coverage provided
• End of service bonus
• Female candidates
• Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Ireland
• Bachelor’s degree (Education degree preferred)
• 120 hour TEFL certificate (unless you have an education degree or state teaching certificate)
• Teaching experience preferred but not required if you have a licensed teacher
• Professional, enthusiastic, culturally aware