|Company Name||Xi'an Private Language School|
|Date Posted||Oct 31, 2013|
|Salary||8,000 to 9,000 RMB|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Holidays||11 days public holidays|
|Teacher Training||On-going training and academic support|
Our well established international language school for adults is looking for energetic, responsible and motivated English teachers to teach adults in Xi’an, China. Web has more than a hundred training centers all over China. With over 15 years in the language training industry, we have a firm belief in providing quality and innovative education.
Our schools stand at the forefront of the education industry, being one of the biggest international English training centers in China. Because of this, we have attracted talented people from all over the world to work with us as we continue to invest in being the pioneers of innovative learning. We aim to empower students by providing them with the skills to achieve excellence in English communication. Through that, we contribute in the modern global society by helping our students become more effective and valuable in their area of expertise.
We are committed to small classes with 4 to 10 students to make sure that every student attains the necessary attention they need. We provide a wide range of activities for students to enjoy with ready-to-use lesson plans provided. Aside from group work and discussion, we also have English Corners, Movie Classes and Extra Curricular trips. This way, the teachers and students can mingle with each other and learn English in a natural and real-life setting.
Xi’an – The City
Xi’an is the second most visited city in China, mainly due to its status as home of the Terracotta Warriors and it being the former capital of China for 13 dynasties.
Together with Athens, Rome and Cairo, Xian is one of the most famous of the ancient cities; rich in a history that spans thousands of years. Xi’an, meaning ‘West Peace’ is the capital of Shaanxi province and is conveniently located in the center of China. The Terracotta Army is located in the satellite tombs to the mausoleum of Emperor Qin Shihuang. The site was discovered in March 1974 when farmers found many broken pottery figures while sinking a well in Xianyang village.
In the evening, the city illuminates providing a striking setting for the myriad of traditional Chinese restaurants, bright modern shopping malls, coffee shops and bars which make for an entertaining night out.
For more information on the city of Xi’an have a look at these sites:
- Maximum of 25 hours teaching per week
- 15 hours admin work
- Teach VIP classes, Private Classes (1-4 students), Salon Classes (1-10 students), Social classes (10 students)
- For Social classes, the teachers must prepare the topic and PowerPoint presentation by themselves
- Courses: English reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Weekend classes with 2 days off during weekdays
- Attend three to five days of paid training before starting to teach (depending on teacher’s work experience)
- Excellent salary: 8,000 to 9,000 RMB per month
- Flight allowance provided: 3,000 RMB (half paid after 6 months and the other half after 12 months)
- Housing allowance provided: 1,000 RMB per month
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- 5 days paid personal holidays and one day paid holiday during Christmas
- 11 days national holidays
- Legal ‘Z’ work visa
- Full training and support given
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate required (No TEFL? – We recommend INTESOL www.GoldStarTeachers.com/INTESOL)
- At least one year teaching experience required
- Native English speaker from UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa or Ireland
- Professional and culturally aware
- Independent and reliable with a positive working attitude