|Company Name||Language School|
|Location||Beijing & Shanghai, China|
|Date Posted||Nov 01, 2013|
|Salary||Excellent monthly package 14-20,000 RMB|
|Contract Length||12 months|
|Accommodation||Housing allowance: 3,000 RMB per month|
|Flight Allowance||Provided: 10,000 RMB|
|Holidays||12 days paid vacation per year plus 1 week for Labaran|
|Teacher Training||On-going training and academic support|
- Teach young learners aged 2-12 years old
- Positions in Beijing, Shanghai and other major cities in China
- Teaching assistants and lesson plans provided
- Positions for new and experienced ESL teachers
- Excellent monthly package worth 14-20,000 RMB
Best Learning is a leading language school offering fun, engaging and effective English classes to young learner students. Whether you are a new or experienced ESL teacher, if you have the ability to inspire children to learn and take pride in seeing your students develop, we would like to talk to you about teaching jobs in China with Best Learning.
Best Learning has established 8 language centers in the capital city of Beijing and 18 centers in other major cities across China with plans for new schools soon. We employ over 100 ESL teachers, offering a supportive environment, excellent teaching materials, the latest in education technology and the chance for real career progression.
Our students are aged from 2 to 12 years old so teachers have the opportunity to teach English to a range of ages and abilities. Local teaching assistants are provided and lesson plans are all written so you can focus on teaching your classes. We use the communicative style of teaching, encouraging students to use English in a natural way and make use of flashcards, songs, drama, projects, group work and videos to enrich the learning experience.
Class sizes are kept small to a maximum of 16 students per class. Computers and interactive white boards are installed in the classrooms giving teachers a new dimension to how they teach and an exciting way to engage students.
Courses are structured around the highly regarded McGraw-Hill textbooks. While the focus is on teaching the English language, teachers also get the opportunity to teach some Math, Science, and Social Studies classes based on the American primary school system. You do not need an advanced knowledge of these subjects as they are geared towards young learners.
Beijing – The City
Teach English in Beijing and immerse yourself in the traditions of ancient China while also being a part of the exciting changes of a city on the cutting edge of modern culture. Beijing continues to be an exciting place for all things music, fashion and art with plenty of events and shows to attend. There is a thriving expat community in Beijing, with the Sanlitun area being a popular destination for both expats and trendy locals to mix and mingle over drinks.
Shanghai – The City
Known as the ‘Pearl of the Orient’, Shanghai is truly an international metropolis in every sense of the word. The most vibrant and progressive city in China, Shanghai is the economic and cultural center, blending an incredible mix of Eastern and Western culture. On one side of the mighty Yangtze River flowing through Shanghai is the Pu Dong district, rural farm land just 20 years ago, it is now the financial and commercial hub with skyscrapers stretching ever higher. Along the western bank of the river, the iconic Bund is a reminder of Shanghai’s colonial past featuring grand European architecture.
For those who like to shop, party and eat, Shanghai has all you could possibly want and more. But despite its cosmopolitan reputation, pockets of quaint tradition remain alive and well, dotted throughout the city. Explore countless old markets, back streets crammed with local eateries and discover incense filled temples still central to the locals’ daily life.
- Native English speaker from USA or Canada
- Bachelor’s degree
- TEFL certificate (preferred but not required)
- Previous language teaching experience (preferred but not required)
- Energetic, open minded with a desire to work with children
- Maximum 25 hours teaching per week
- Up to 15 hours admin duties per week
- Deliver engaging, effective, learner-centered lessons to students aged 2-12 years old
- Complete all administrative tasks in a timely manner
- Actively participate in professional development workshops and activities
- Attend center activities, parties, open houses and other events
- Excellent base salary: 7,000 °V 11,000 RMB per month (depending on experience and qualifications)
- PLUS An additional 2,000 °V 8,000 RMB per month depending on hours taught
- Housing allowance: 3,000 RMB per month
- Flight allowance: 7,000 RMB after 1 month OR 10,000 RMB after 12 months
- Paid holidays (Public holidays + Christmas and New Year°¶s Day)
- Company health insurance provided
- Contract completion bonus: 6,000 RMB
- Hotel accommodation provided free for 15 days on arrival
- Visa documents provided
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Training course provided on arrival and on-going development
- Up to 8,000 RMB advance on your salary, interest free
- Second year salary increase of 12,000 RMB / annum
- Career development opportunities: teacher training, management, recruitment, marketing, multi-media design and curriculum development
Total monthly package worth 14 - 20,000 RMB (approx 2,200 - 3,200 USD) which breaks down as follows: